XPO | Revolving door moving fast..

micro brew

TB Veteran
Credits
In the past year I have seen more new-hires come and go at this place than in the previous 4 years.

If you would have told me three years ago that 8-10 people above me would leave for various reasons, I would have figured I have it made by now. However I keep making lateral or back-wards moves on the board because they can't keep new-hires.

We had to cut bids yet again, to keep the flex/bid percentage right. Someone with nine years in got knocked off the road to make it work. For his personal enjoyment, he gets to watch flex drivers, who will soon quit, leave the yard every night on good linehaul runs.

TM thinks he will be able to snap his fingers and hire five people this week. I don't think he knows how bad the word on the street is for this place right now. If he succeeds, I'm sure they will be quality hires.

Also had a sales exec with 24 years in quit yesterday with no notice. He was a good one.

Our door continues to revolve also at uph. Had two really good sales reps quit in the past two or three months. Both had twenty plus years I believe. On the good side, our new tm (John S) is making a world of difference. Morale at the terminal is up. Things are working much better. We actually made $ the last two months and are headed for triple digit profit this month. On the bad side, company policy still blows.

Our door continues to revolve also at uph. Had two really good sales reps quit in the past two or three months. Both had twenty plus years I believe. On the good side, our new tm (John S) is making a world of difference. Morale at the terminal is up. Things are working much better. We actually made $ the last two months and are headed for triple digit profit this month. On the bad side, company policy still blows.

Glad to hear you guys got a SCM that's turning things around.We've had a few people move on,but not alot.There are some mentioning about seeking other employment elsewhere.Noones took any action yet.

In the past year I have seen more new-hires come and go at this place than in the previous 4 years.

If you would have told me three years ago that 8-10 people above me would leave for various reasons, I would have figured I have it made by now. However I keep making lateral or back-wards moves on the board because they can't keep new-hires.

We had to cut bids yet again, to keep the flex/bid percentage right. Someone with nine years in got knocked off the road to make it work. For his personal enjoyment, he gets to watch flex drivers, who will soon quit, leave the yard every night on good linehaul runs.

TM thinks he will be able to snap his fingers and hire five people this week. I don't think he knows how bad the word on the street is for this place right now. If he succeeds, I'm sure they will be quality hires.

Also had a sales exec with 24 years in quit yesterday with no notice. He was a good one.

They are gonna have to hire a revolving door technician...wonder what the requirements for that will be?

I feel for you. I am in the same boat. I sure wish the guys below me would stick so I can move on up, and all the guys above me that say its so bad leave already!

And the saga continues. Today our regional mgr, Corky W resigned. Been in the position all of three or four months. Going to R and L. VP of something I believe. He will be missed, was a good man.

WAKE UP CON-WAY SUCKS I GOT OUT THREE MONTHS AGO BEST CHOICE I EVER MADE I HAVE A LIFE AGAIN THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE:smilie_132:

it's been this way for a long long time. no offense intended for new hires but it's the reason the we don't get the quality of ltl driver we did say 10 or 15 years ago. we get some good new guys or some guys with good work ethic and they get jacked around and they leave. a good freight man can work anywhere HE choose. it's not the 80's or 90's anymore when our wage scale and benefits package was far superior to most companies. but as has been the case since Mr. Detter left the new management at most levels doesn't see that. they think that one man is the same as the next and the line is out the door with applicants...not. reputation and credibility is EVERYTHING to a working man. maybe they should teach a class on integrity, but who could be the instructor haha. this co. is no different than other big corporations anymore and that is really a shame

re: no thanks, not interested,,,

I don't work at Conway (nor would I want to)
but I can tell how ticked off most of their
drivers are by how aggressive they act
behind the wheel.
Get outta their way or you'll get runover!

I find this funny in two ways:

Con-Way trucks are turned down, they can't run you over.
Second, if you are in the way then you aren't busting butt like the Con-Way driver to get your job done.
Are we pushing the hours to make as much as possible while the customers keep looking out the door, wondering where their freight is?? :funky:

I don't work at Conway (nor would I want to)
but I can tell how ticked off most of their
drivers are by how aggressive they act
behind the wheel.
Get outta their way or you'll get runover!

I will miss Corky too. The regional manager Joe Albelo also quit and went to R & L. I guess he is the VP of sales for the west. There were 2 AEs in Phoenix that quit and from what I hear there are many more over the next few weeks. Labrie is running this company straight into the ground. I have seen many presidents come and go and he is the worst I have ever seen at any company. Moral is low the dollar is the only thing we worship anymore.

This is not ment to be a slam guys. But in 30 years I never have worked for a company that give a rats about it's drivers. I can't understand your loss but it sure sounds like a bad deal to have it go away.

I will miss Corky too. The regional manager Joe Albelo also quit and went to R & L. I guess he is the VP of sales for the west. There were 2 AEs in Phoenix that quit and from what I hear there are many more over the next few weeks. Labrie is running this company straight into the ground. I have seen many presidents come and go and he is the worst I have ever seen at any company. Moral is low the dollar is the only thing we worship anymore.
I've always liked woking here and really have never had any problems. But I have to agree with this post. I've said it before, money is the only concern right now.

Not to mix apples with oranges guys but,ask any union driver what their turnover rate is and i'm sure they will tell you it's next to nothing.I wonder why that is?

Not to mix apples with oranges guys but,ask any union driver what their turnover rate is and i'm sure they will tell you it's next to nothing.I wonder why that is?
I don't know because the lay-off rate is so high. This IS mixing apples and oranges. But please, do tell us the answer to your wonderful question.

Works under the table

I don't know because the lay-off rate is so high. This IS mixing apples and oranges. But please, do tell us the answer to your wonderful question.

You like working "under the table" don't ya?:1036316054:

No teeth........:butt kiss:

Just think if Labrie was to leave we would end up with Miller, aka Fatbeard, in charge. That fat-*** would sink the SS Con-way faster than anyone.