XPO | Revolving door moving fast..

The door speeds up..

Had two drivers fired in the last week or so. One is a definite addition by subtraction. The other, which happened today, was for accidents. I don't know enough about it to comment, but I know two of the accidents retired trucks. Most think he will loose the appeal.

depends....did he take out a '73 pinto, or a '08 BMW..?? Out here, we bend a mailbox post 3 times in a year and we're gone...

We're going to need some new bearings for our door. It just keeps on revolving.

How bout this ??

turnstylepw1.jpg

Well, it DEPENDS on certain.... naw, I won't go there!:hide:

I gotta say thats funny since the picture is coming from a man with a picture of Bob the Enzyte Man as his avatar. W-99, ever lost your trunks after diving in the pool?? :hysterical:

nah, too much potential for damage to the "groinal" region...is that a word..??

it's been this way for a long long time. no offense intended for new hires but it's the reason the we don't get the quality of ltl driver we did say 10 or 15 years ago. we get some good new guys or some guys with good work ethic and they get jacked around and they leave. a good freight man can work anywhere HE choose. it's not the 80's or 90's anymore when our wage scale and benefits package was far superior to most companies. but as has been the case since Mr. Detter left the new management at most levels doesn't see that. they think that one man is the same as the next and the line is out the door with applicants...not. reputation and credibility is EVERYTHING to a working man. maybe they should teach a class on integrity, but who could be the instructor haha. this co. is no different than other big corporations anymore and that is really a shame
WOW how things stay the same

Dameges over 25mil. HAZ-Mat basic score lowest it has ever been, they keep improving we will be out of business.

I Totally agree Driver but the have Degrees we don't they think them books made them know it all sometimes ya need On the Job Experience !!!
Until they fail they won't see it !
just like a Drunk until he looses everything he don't think he is doing anything wrong !! Truth hurts !!

I Totally agree Driver but the have Degrees we don't they think them books made them know it all sometimes ya need On the Job Experience !!!
Until they fail they won't see it !
just like a Drunk until he looses everything he don't think he is doing anything wrong !! Truth hurts !!
But the drunk is the one putting the alcohol in his own mouth, even thou others are advising him of the effect of his actions. At the end of the shift it wasn't anyone in Ann Arbor that loaded that freight wrong or damaged it while it was moving or sitting on our dock. Knowledge and effort, too many with the knowledge of how to load freight properly won't make the effort and those lacking knowledge (new employees) are making the effort without anyone stepping up to help them expand their knowledge as to doing it right the first time. Nearly 100% of the time someone has the opportunity to have the courage to intervene and help someone do it right the first time before that trailer gets closed and sealed. In my opinion our supervisors need to be held more accountable for those loading on their shift. Make this happen and we will pass on fewer errors.

well we all know this is not the company we started but it is what it is,i know alot of the 20 to 29 yr guys are just trying to get to retirement age and then there gone,they took so much away from us it is hard to come to work with a positive attitude and that is another reason we have the high turn over in drivers not to mention the cams in the window looking at you all day so now you tell me who would want to work here 9 drivers quit in a month that is unheard of and more changes on the way.

But the drunk is the one putting the alcohol in his own mouth, even thou others are advising him of the effect of his actions. At the end of the shift it wasn't anyone in Ann Arbor that loaded that freight wrong or damaged it while it was moving or sitting on our dock. Knowledge and effort, too many with the knowledge of how to load freight properly won't make the effort and those lacking knowledge (new employees) are making the effort without anyone stepping up to help them expand their knowledge as to doing it right the first time. Nearly 100% of the time someone has the opportunity to have the courage to intervene and help someone do it right the first time before that trailer gets closed and sealed. In my opinion our supervisors need to be held more accountable for those loading on their shift. Make this happen and we will pass on fewer errors.
Yeah, once again it's the drivers fault, morale is in the toilet people don't care. Management keeps making poor decisions affecting everyones life, but it's always the drivers fault. Get a clue.

True, the boys at the crystal palace don't load the trailers, but they sure are vocal about every single freakin' step you're supposed to take to do it in swi. Even though they've never loaded a trailer they're the expert. One thing you forgot to mention is the "goals" for production come from Ann Arbor and from their underlings in regional management. These "goals" are the optimum operational level, not a level of reasonable expectation. But we must meet the numbers, no matter what. No wonder freight gets torn up, I remember the strain we were under to get outbound shut down.

From an ex employee standpoint, try compensating the employees with full benefits and replacing part time dock workers with full time dsrs. Let the experienced dsrs do their job and get out the way. At that point your claims will go down and you might even get experienced drivers knock on the door.