XPO | Rig overturns on Pike ramp

What are you talking about. You can see the trailer # on his kite. What are talking about "tag"? What like tag your it?

Millbury Fire Chief Matt Belsito said only first tractor trailer truck in the tandem unit was hauling the cupric sulfate; the second trailer was hauling other non-hazardous commodities.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. "Kite" is a term I'm not familiar with (been with Con-Way 20 years, and hadn't heard it until recently). Apparently, it refers to an empty rear trailer. In this case it wasn't empty.

All drivers are loaders, but not all loaders are drivers.

I can tell before I leave the yard if I have a trailer I need to be extra careful with. That seems to be happening more often since we started using dock workers.

What we have here is a failure to communicate. "Kite" is a term I'm not familiar with (been with Con-Way 20 years, and hadn't heard it until recently). Apparently, it refers to an empty rear trailer. In this case it wasn't empty.

Actually "kite" just refers to the lightest trailer in the set, whether it is the second trailer in a set, or the third trailer in "trips".

Kite is a midwest/eastern thing. I have been driving truck for 34 years and have NEVER heard that term until I got on the TB.

Roadway used to use them till just before the merge of Yellow and Roadway. If you check into You Tube there is a piece of hooking up with a Jiff-Lock.

If there was HazMat onboard , how would the emergency respose people know where to look for it? Yeah , the trailer will have HazMat placards , but there is no way to pinpoint where the HazMat might be. An emergency response person can't use our handheld and the new manifest are awful for telling where anything is. The driver might have pulled this load out of the yard , so he doesn't know anything - it seems like we are asking for trouble. You may be able to guess how your trailers will handle before you leave the yard , but nobody can see how that load is set inside the trailer. With the handhelds , how hard is it to let the people that load the freight have a BETTER way to diagram HazMat and heavy items? Six boxes - are you kidding? How many people have to get hurt for NO reason before we get a computer programer to fix something SO simple. You can't see through wood , steel , freight , etc. No matter how long you've been driving , the more you know about your load , the better.