ABF | Right to work State.

What exactly was the violation?
Article 72 NYS Supplement says that one employee can ask for no more than 2 hours of OT at the beginning of the shift...I asked and it was granted according to seniority.... I worked inbound dock, I pulled trailers as directed...left with a trailer to drop at a customer, picked up an empty, took lunch, fueled truck (got over 170 gallons), had to regen the truck as my regen light came on...I got back to the yard TM told me to do a upack about an hour away...I stated that would put me well over my 10, he replied "That's alright" and walked away....so I had an 11 hour thirty eight minute day....he sent me out knowing it would result in a violation...of course he told my BA that he thought I was "dragging my feet" but I had documentation for everything, with all my times written down...she (my BA) told him we could go over everything since he has technology to verify...he didn't want to...so I'm pissed about this because not only did he willfully violate the contract, but he also questioned my integrity...

Article 72 NYS Supplement says that one employee can ask for no more than 2 hours of OT at the beginning of the shift...I asked and it was granted according to seniority.... I worked inbound dock, I pulled trailers as directed...left with a trailer to drop at a customer, picked up an empty, took lunch, fueled truck (got over 170 gallons), had to regen the truck as my regen light came on...I got back to the yard TM told me to do a upack about an hour away...I stated that would put me well over my 10, he replied "That's alright" and walked away....so I had an 11 hour thirty eight minute day....he sent me out knowing it would result in a violation...of course he told my BA that he thought I was "dragging my feet" but I had documentation for everything, with all my times written down...she (my BA) told him we could go over everything since he has technology to verify...he didn't want to...so I'm pissed about this because not only did he willfully violate the contract, but he also questioned my integrity...
Sounds like the B.A. laid down on this one (IMO), If I was the B.A. I would have stuck it up the T.M's ass for accusing you of dragging your feet, I'm sure you were working safely and not speeding

ABF381, been retired 14 years, so I probably forgot more than what I remember, what would have happened if you left after the 2 hours o/t? job abandonment? The B.A. should have ripped the T.M. a new one, dragging his feet? why would he do that? he didn't want to stay more than 2 hours

Sounds like the B.A. laid down on this one (IMO), If I was the B.A. I would have stuck it up the T.M's ass for accusing you of dragging your feet, I'm sure you were working safely and not speeding
That's exactly what that TM wanted. He knew he wanted out after 10 and gave him that work hoping he would rocket thru it, to the TMs benefit! Have been in similar situations often, when that happens, that's when the feet dragging comes into play. If you have any type of incident or accident in any company in this racket the first or second question on the report is always, how many hours on duty at the time of the event? F that TM, our guy showed a lot more restraint than I. BA let's that go, wow file that one forever.

ABF381, been retired 14 years, so I probably forgot more than what I remember, what would have happened if you left after the 2 hours o/t? job abandonment? The B.A. should have ripped the T.M. a new one, dragging his feet? why would he do that? he didn't want to stay more than 2 hours
I likely would have been fired for insubordination if I refused....the BA even went as far as doing Google maps for all my driving time and it was well within what the computer says....for a car...I rarely speed (intentionally)...especially since the Samsara flags you for even 1 mph over...you can view this on the Samsara site, quite an eye opener....she did tell the employee relations guy in Carlisle what you said about why would I do that and that it was more than an hour and a half over so what the TM said was ridiculous....

I likely would have been fired for insubordination if I refused....the BA even went as far as doing Google maps for all my driving time and it was well within what the computer says....for a car...I rarely speed (intentionally)...especially since the Samsara flags you for even 1 mph over...you can view this on the Samsara site, quite an eye opener....she did tell the employee relations guy in Carlisle what you said about why would I do that and that it was more than an hour and a half over so what the TM said was ridiculous....
Hope that last post didn't come across the wrong way 381, but that stuff always lit my fuse. Everyone of us in this business is always looking for that elusive Work, Life balance these Big shot CEOs is always talking about. FOR THEM. Not for the front line folks. Drove me bats!

If it's a continuing problem, then the steward or B.A. can file a grievance on behalf of all affected members (I've done both) and take it to arbitration for clarity and a decision, can an employee leave after 2 hrs overtime? seems with the grievance you have and the language in the contract the union would have a strong case, BUT!, you never know how an arbitrator will rule