FEDEX FREIGHT Rip Lme

Discussion in 'Fedex Freight' started by Boats n hoes, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Boats n hoes

Boats n hoes Member

Driver Since:
    Heard they closed their doors system wide

2. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Chauffeur for AOC

Driver Since:
  3. Boats n hoes

Boats n hoes Member

Driver Since:
    Would be my guess . 400 trucks approximately 1200 employees. I would guess that their customers are scrambling to find carriers to haul their freight.

4. SwampRatt

SwampRatt Well-Known Member

Ya think?

"Numerous articles related to the Lakeville Motor Express bankruptcy suggest that the owners bankrupted the union carrier, resurfacing as a non-union carrier under LME and Finish Line Express brands. The NLRB ordered the $1.25 million in backpay to be paid starting within 60 days from April 30, 2019, or the amount would double to $2.4 million."

Yeah, just maybe...

SMOKESTACK and BIG R GUY like this.
  5. Richard Cranium

Richard Cranium Well-Known Member

Driver Since:
    They must be huuuge like Big Dave’s Hat. And like Big Dave’s Hat, we had never heard of them before reading about it right here on TB.

6. Big Dave

Big Dave Wrote LAST child support check for Ump

Driver Since:
    I became popular on Jeff’s other defunct site, PonderosaPeople.com

silent trucker likes this.
  7. Boats n hoes

Boats n hoes Member

Driver Since:
    Midwest region Lakeville motor Express. 30 sites they had.

8. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Chauffeur for AOC

Driver Since:
    Coop Dispatch has stepped in and is handling all their customers shipments moving between Cedar Rapids, and Marion,IA, with same day service,and also offering last mile residential deliveries through their Patel Logistics and CORNY liftgate division.

Big Dave likes this.
  9. Crazy Trucker

Crazy Trucker The lead Clown's kryptonite!!!!!!

Driver Since:
    Same here never heard of em.

Richard Cranium likes this.
  10. Boats n hoes

Boats n hoes Member

Driver Since:
    Big in Minnesota and in some surrounding states. Beyond that I think they partner with other Carrier's for final mile. Not sure in that though

11. suzy1052

suzy1052 Active Member

When I worked there they interlined Estes and some other outfit from California. I pulled Estes set's 80% of the time.

12. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer They Call Me CF, Eh

The first I ever heard of Lakeville Motor Express was back in 2000 when they signed onto the ExpressLink partnership alongside Estes Express Lines, G.I. Trucking and TST Overland Express. LME got out after Estes bought up G.I. and migrated to The Reliance Network which included Canadian Freightways, Epic Express, Averitt, Pitt-Ohio, Land Air Express of New England and I believe Peninsula Truck Lines.

Lakeville Motor Express filed for bankruptcy under false pretenses a few years ago, stemming largely from an ongoing dispute with their 2 terminals represented by the Teamsters. The equipment and properties, with the exception of the two terminals under dispute, were sold immediately from one brother to another. LME Inc. opened as the new entity, and it's my understanding that several terminals were completely contract operated on behalf of LME. The Teamsters weren't stupid though, and a lawsuit was filed. The Teamsters won. And, conveniently, LME closes before they're obliged to pay.

If you ask me, someone's gonna end up in jail over this.