RIP Tom Petty

Sad to hear. One of my all time favorites. Great writer. Excellent showman and performer. Very cool personality. Seen him a bunch live. Had all his records before CD's came out.......What can ya say? One of the all time greatest rock and roll stars imo. So much for the hopeful plans of seeing him again after the kids are raised when their might've been some spare change.

Reactions: mud
Tom Petty passing away is quite a surprise. I'm the same age, I guess you just never know.

Last edited:
This is being reported on in weird ways with this vegas thing going on...I just got on my PC and this is what is said(I heard differing reports on my drive home like timelines to the story are messed up...First I heard he was taken to the hospital with cardiac arrest...then I heard he was taken off of life support...in between I searched and saw stories..even from Rolling Stone that he died......but this is the latest):
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/cele...reports/ar-AAsPaul?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Tom Petty, the American rocker who fronted one of the country’s longest-running, most successful bands, is fighting for his life, according to reports.

Petty was transported to a local hospital around 10:45 p.m. Sunday, according to the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department. The department had no further information. TMZ first reported the news Monday that he was found unconscious in full cardiac arrest at his Malibu home. CBS News later reported his death, which could not be independently confirmed. A representative for Petty did not immediately return The Washington Post’s inquiry.
A CBS Twitter account attributed the report of Petty’s death to the Los Angeles Police Department; the tweet has since been deleted.

“The LAPD has no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty. Initial information was inadvertantly [sic] provided to some media sources,” the police department posted on Twitter. “However, the LAPD has no investigative role in this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience in this reporting.”

TMZ followed up with a post that Petty was “still clinging to life. A report that the LAPD confirmed the singer’s death is inaccurate.”

I've gone through this before. I was there when a loved one was pronounced dead.
Later that night we had to go back to the hospital and give permission to take our family member off of life support.

I've gone through this before. I was there when a loved one was pronounced dead.
Later that night we had to go back to the hospital and give permission to take our family member off of life support.
Being taken off life support just shows how dire the situation is, but I think how long it takes for somebody to pass without support varies from person to person and how much damage was done by injury or lack of oxygen to the brain.

RIP Tom Petty and we lose another. And I believe that there are more to come.

I was never a big Tom Petty fan but I did listen to his xm satellite radio show he had about a year ago when he said his father was abusive and starting a rock band was his way out.
Unfortunately his record label tried to take his money ( typical recording artist news ) but it worked out for the better or so he said...
At the least 66 is too young and it doesn't look like he went out on his own terms
Very sad :-[

6izyNTy.jpg

I've been a big fan of XM radio right from it's start. Netflix has a good documentary about Tom Petty called Runnin' Down A Dream.

I never knew about King of the Hill until Tom's passing away. I will have to look into this.
jRb1U0n.jpg