ABF | Road Board 054?

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
Hearing a rumor of change of operations coming that will start a Road Board at 054/CLT. Anyone hearing about this?

Hearing a rumor of change of operations coming that will start a Road Board at 054/CLT. Anyone hearing about this?
Wouldn’t be surprised, try to fix what’s not broke. We are re bidding our barn next month Tm wants to eliminate an 8:30am start yet they bring the 11am & 12 o’clock guys in 2 hours early & UE guy doing city work when he gets back....Where do they find these managers....

Wouldn’t be surprised, try to fix what’s not broke. We are re bidding our barn next month Tm wants to eliminate an 8:30am start yet they bring the 11am & 12 o’clock guys in 2 hours early & UE guy doing city work when he gets back....Where do they find these managers....
Sounds like my manager.... a few years ago he eliminated a city bid and laid a guy off. We were all getting over 50 hours a week. I told him he would work the laid off guy every day and I would file a grievance by the end of the week for excessive overtime. I was right on both counts, he was told to restore that bid.

Sounds like my manager.... a few years ago he eliminated a city bid and laid a guy off. We were all getting over 50 hours a week. I told him he would work the laid off guy every day and I would file a grievance by the end of the week for excessive overtime. I was right on both counts, he was told to restore that bid.
Similar thing happened at my ‘old’ terminal. Working copious amounts of OT, so our TM finally put on another city driver. ‘Magically’ our OT hours shrank dramatically, with no objections. 7 months later, the fella was laid off, and sure enough...WHAMMO!!...here comes the OT again. Our shop steward (no caps intentional) never wanted to file on the excessive OT...didn’t wanna ‘rock the boat’...with a grievance.

They did the same thing to me several years back when I was on the UE run. Get back to my terminal at 6:30/7am or so...”Here ya go, here’s 7 liftgate stops we need you to run.” The words ‘Kiss my ass’ became part of the vernacular.