FedEx Freight | Road Driver Questions

Agreed! When we had all the big wigs in Nashville in 2014 kissing babies and hugging drivers trying to keep union out.

I told them noone should be working in central without 5 yrs experience in a major hub. They said we can't get people to work as it is now. I said well if you start them at 85k you wouldn't have that problem, and the money competent dispatchers would save you would easily cancel out the higher pay...

Now that they are making senior dispatchers work nights so junior ones can work days some is stupid!

This company catering to employees that haven't proven themselves to the company, and crapping on the ones that have will be its downfall!

With economy in bad shape, and slow freight we will all see corporates true colors soon.
It’s Harrison, Arkansas. You couldn’t pay me enough to live there.

Agreed! When we had all the big wigs in Nashville in 2014 kissing babies and hugging drivers trying to keep union out.

I told them noone should be working in central without 5 yrs experience in a major hub. They said we can't get people to work as it is now. I said well if you start them at 85k you wouldn't have that problem, and the money competent dispatchers would save you would easily cancel out the higher pay...

Now that they are making senior dispatchers work nights so junior ones can work days some is stupid!

This company catering to employees that haven't proven themselves to the company, and crapping on the ones that have will be its downfall!

With economy in bad shape, and slow freight we will all see corporates true colors soon.
You know the company is heading for hard times when they start taking pay from the supervisors. Till then its alright.

I think it was 2013 they took like 4k/year from them.

You know the company is heading for hard times when they start taking pay from the supervisors. Till then its alright.

I think it was 2013 they took like 4k/year from them.
Yeah our manager tells us all the time when we complain about stuff. He says the company never took any money from you!

Followed by my response I guess that shows us who the company thinks is more valuable...

Followed by his face turning 50 shades of red!

I've got my just in case over night back together. I have underwear, t shirts, shorts, sweat pants, a towel, a wash cloth, a blanket, soap, tooth paste, a tooth brush and 2 bottles of water.... Am I missing anything?

Also, do you guys pack just in case food? If so, how do you go about it?

I've got my just in case over night back together. I have underwear, t shirts, shorts, sweat pants, a towel, a wash cloth, a blanket, soap, tooth paste, a tooth brush and 2 bottles of water.... Am I missing anything?

FedEx runs across the Australian Outback? I never knew that!

Visitor here. We stay in hotels if’n there’s an issue. I carry change of clothes & shave kit. And I’m on the horn with dispatch rollin on my 10. And if it’s late in the week, calling off the next day or two.

FedEx runs across the Australian Outback? I never knew that!
When you work for FedExFreight Tri, you gotta prepare that way. A routine blown tire in the desert is a guaranteed 5 hour plus breakdown. They routinely leave drivers out in the desert for much longer. One driver on a Friday, blow a tire at 11 am. Get him all fixed up at 8pm. Turn around and go to the motel 2 hours away. Tomorrow return to your ctr. Driver. Remember tho people first.

I have a problem with dolly theft. I've had 3 taken off my truck in the last 2 weeks. We have a bunch of eagles in the pool, but nobody likes those. My assigned spot is next to the pool.

Can I rig some sort of "antitheft" gimmick to a dolly, or is there a policy prohibiting it? To me, it's no different than city drivers locking up their pallet jacks.

Guys at my old center used lock to em up. Get a pad lock that will lock the red glad hand to the dolly. Was at a small 7 man board. If your at a hub you may get some grief over it. I gave up on the dollys since the guy I slip seat with does meets and I have a different one every night.

I have a problem with dolly theft. I've had 3 taken off my truck in the last 2 weeks. We have a bunch of eagles in the pool, but nobody likes those. My assigned spot is next to the pool.

Can I rig some sort of "antitheft" gimmick to a dolly, or is there a policy prohibiting it? To me, it's no different than city drivers locking up their pallet jacks.
Guy in Nashville did it and they threatened him with write up. Hub drivers take them all the time. I get a west coast with good tires and drivers side release. They see that rusty dolly with 3000000 number and they run from it!

Guys at my old center used lock to em up. Get a pad lock that will lock the red glad hand to the dolly. Was at a small 7 man board. If your at a hub you may get some grief over it. I gave up on the dollys since the guy I slip seat with does meets and I have a different one every night.

I'm thinking a simple U shaped bike lock should work fine

Guy in Nashville did it and they threatened him with write up. Hub drivers take them all the time. I get a west coast with good tires and drivers side release. They see that rusty dolly with 3000000 number and they run from it!

Interesting. I might be willing to take on that battle. First, there's not a lack of equipment. There's plenty of Dolly's in the pool.

Second, if we're not allowed to lock up company equipment I'd better see those pallet jacks being freed up.

Now I have to jump on the intranet. This is why we can't access it from home.