FedEx Freight | Road Driver Questions

Sounding like our guys. Gotta get the newest MT. I’m not taking her home to mom, just pulling her down the road.

When I grab empties I look for the newest PM sticker

I don't like eagles because I've had cases where I'm pulling an empty tail and when I do my post trip, there's a big gap between the plate and the trailer. I also struggle to get them unlocked.

20221001_074657.md.jpg

What do you think?

I don't like eagles because I've had cases where I'm pulling an empty tail and when I do my post trip, there's a big gap between the plate and the trailer. I also struggle to get them unlocked.

20221001_074657.md.jpg

What do you think?
You'd come in to work with a lock in two pieces at my place.

And a note stating that the equipment says Fedex Freight on the side, not Streaker Freight Lines. Then again we don't really have any extra dollies at my yard and sometimes have to grab one out of a spot. One of our guys used to have a padlock on his until it ended up being one of the last ones you could get to and a supervisor with a pair of bolt cutters came out for it.

If I’m on via somewhere I make sure I bring a nose stand to leave at the next service center lol. Only time I want a good dolly is in the winter. I need that handle by the fifth wheel to help push if I need to. Or I have to do 2 or 7 back ups to hook up the rear with the dolly attached to the lead lol.

You'd come in to work with a lock in two pieces at my place.

And a note stating that the equipment says Fedex Freight on the side, not Streaker Freight Lines. Then again we don't really have any extra dollies at my yard and sometimes have to grab one out of a spot. One of our guys used to have a padlock on his until it ended up being one of the last ones you could get to and a supervisor with a pair of bolt cutters came out for it.

We have a bunch of spares. The DDIs have the ones they use on the side.

In fact, I was in dispatch one day when the phone rang. It was a more senior guy demanding to know who took his dolly (sounds funny lol) and dispatch told him. He asked that the dispatcher send that driver a message on his handheld telling him not to take his dolly and dispatch did. I know because I saw the driver when I arrived on my shuttle run and he told me about the message followed with a bunch of fudge him and fudge the dispatcher too.

I've got my just in case over night back together. I have underwear, t shirts, shorts, sweat pants, a towel, a wash cloth, a blanket, soap, tooth paste, a tooth brush and 2 bottles of water.... Am I missing anything?

Also, do you guys pack just in case food? If so, how do you go about it?
No flip flops?

20221001_074657.md.jpg

What do you think?
I know drivers who were terminated for doing exactly that. Management called it tampering with company equipment. You can say it's not fair that the city drivers can lock up their pallet jacks, but life's not fair and it won't be up for discussion if they decide to go that route. Something you could do instead is put the dolly away nose first. 9 out of 10 drivers will be too lazy to turn it around to take it.

I know drivers who were terminated for doing exactly that. Management called it tampering with company equipment. You can say it's not fair that the city drivers can lock up their pallet jacks, but life's not fair and it won't be up for discussion if they decide to go that route. Something you could do instead is put the dolly away nose first. 9 out of 10 drivers will be too lazy to turn it around to take it.

That's a good idea. I'll try that, thanks.