FedEx Freight | Road Driver Questions

Like an, “America’s Road Team Captain”?

No idea. I saw a poster that said the last day to apply for road captain is December 5.
Kinda like Captain America, but with no super powers. Also the uncanny ability to brown nose with management without regrets.

Honestly I don't know but it sounded good. Lol Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

So you're saying I get a tight uniform and a shield.... Maybe.... Nah can't do it :lmao:

Happy Thanksgiving truckingboard people:bananag::usa::smilies 19296:

No idea. I saw a poster that said the last day to apply for road captain is December 5.

So you're saying I get a tight uniform and a shield.... Maybe.... Nah can't do it :lmao:

Happy Thanksgiving truckingboard people:bananag::usa::smilies 19296:
Yea, that’s what the poster was about.

You volunteer for the lobbyist organization, ATA, to help them pretend to care about drivers and safety… In exchange, you get paid time off of work.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I've accepted that, but I like to get these "policy changes" in writing. For example, I have an email from regional employee relations telling me that I'm expected to be at work even though I have an eye infection and can't see.

That's interesting. He told me that the vias aren't offered in seniorty (because I also have seniorty over the other driver), they're first come first serve as long as the driver has the hours. He said because aren't planned they're overflow.
Hubs do what they want to!!!! Their discretion!!!!

To quote the 2 words you never want hear at a hub. "Hub discretion "......

I counter with two words of my own.... Jeff says I can't say one of them, but the other is "you" and it's followed by an email asking for it to be explained to me. At the very least, I can make them do some work.

Is Central working tomorrow? My dispatcher said they're not, but at the building I went to last night, they said they're running Friday.

Right now I'm running early Saturday morning and Saturday night, but I'd prefer to do Friday and Saturday.

Is Central working tomorrow? My dispatcher said they're not, but at the building I went to last night, they said they're running Friday.

Right now I'm running early Saturday morning and Saturday night, but I'd prefer to do Friday and Saturday.
Central will not be staffed tomorrow.

I'm going to jump on the intranet to read up on it, I just haven't had a chance with it being summer and school being out.

Regarding the vias, I was always told it depends on what spot you bid, not seniorty. For example, we have a driver that has high seniorty but bids a late start time for personal reasons. When vias Pop up, people with less seniorty have the option to go or pass before he does because of where he falls in dispatch order.

Regarding my case, I was told that they can give it to the first driver that's in between assignments. I've never had that before. Usually I get phone call when I'm on my way there.

Driver advisor is the most useless employee in the building. Any issue I've ever had, he always sends me to somebody else or tells be he'll look into and never has an answer on follow up.
That's how it is at the hub, if you are still at your Domicile, it goes by ur class seniority

That's how it is at the hub, if you are still at your Domicile, it goes by ur class seniority

It's a little confusing at first, but it's getting figured out. It'd be a lot easier if I can access this stuff from home.

Uh oh. You may have infringed on a patented, trademarked, phrase there, S69…..

The copyright board says "Lazy Bastard" can not be trademarked because it's another term for supervisor, dispatcher and/or linehaul driver.

However, I'm willing to come to a reasonable settlement if it's determined a patent was stepped on.

All that being said, I'll use my favorite legal term now

Pro Bono :lmao:

It's a little confusing at first, but it's getting figured out. It'd be a lot easier if I can access this stuff from home.

The copyright board says "Lazy Bastard" can not be trademarked because it's another term for supervisor, dispatcher and/or linehaul driver.

However, I'm willing to come to a reasonable settlement if it's determined a patent was stepped on.

All that being said, I'll use my favorite legal term now

Pro Bono :lmao:
If you do decide to retain a lawyer, Wong offers a 15% discount for TB’s members!!!