TForce | Road Driver

sneil

TB Lurker
Credits
I have a couple of questions hopefully anybody can answer. UPS Freight is hiring for a Road Driver in my area and I had a few questions.
1) Do you have to work the dock?
2) Is it team or solo?
3) What is the starting pay: is it mileage or hourly for Road Drivers.
4) Is it usually a dedicated run or just depends since I am the new guy.
5) Home on weekends or everynight?

These are just the basics. Thanks

sneil said:
I have a couple of questions hopefully anybody can answer. UPS Freight is hiring for a Road Driver in my area and I had a few questions.
2) Is it team or solo?

#1 dock work depends on what location you are in the runs that are available. #2 probabley both as a fill in to start #3 milage pay for road drivers #4probabley fill in as needed to start good time to get on board as we will be seeing some growth soon #5 again that would vary but would most likley include working some weekends and team runs 4 or 5 days hope this helps if you have more just ask away

Sneil welcome to the boards. DD covered it very well. But a lot has to do with the terminal you are going to run out of.

sneil said:
2) Is it team or solo?

I suggest you go in and ask them. Because you will get a lot of different answers on the road or this board. The only way to be sure is go in. Even that is not 100%.

Look...it all depends on your location. A smaller end of the line terminal may put you right in as a regular driver doing the same run every night. Bigger sort centers will probably use you as a fill-in, or a dock/driver situation. I was hired right into a linehaul bid at an end of the line facility since the position was vacant and they had nobody in house who wanted to fill it.

Your pay is hourly under a certain amount of miles....so for example if you ran York, PA to Harrisburg, PA, you would be paid hourly from the time you clock in at York to the time you clock out since the miles are very low. Most road work happens M-F, monday night being the first shift. Weekends work is usually optional. SO whenever you get home saturday morning, you would be off until your report time Monday night. Again, this may differ from what your local terminal is offering, so check with them for more info. You may want to go to upsfreight.com to fill out an applicationas they have all current postings updated regularly.