Robert E. "Tack" Trostle

S

Stan Smith

getphoto.php

Robert E. "Tack" Trostle

Robert E. "Tack" Trostle, 58, of Lancaster, passed away on Friday, January 23, 2009 at Heart of Lancaster as a result of injuries sustained in an earlier accident.

Born August 28, 1950, in Lancaster, he was the son of Jerry J. Trostle and the late Muriel E. (Carr) Trostle.

A Veteran of Vietnam, Tack proudly served two tours with the U.S. Army. A member of various Veterans' Organizations, he returned to Vietnam three times for humanitarian efforts following the war. He was employed by Yellow Freight and was a member of Teamsters Local 771.

He is survived by his father, Jerry, of Lancaster; a brother, Gary S. "Butch" Trostle, husband of Sara K., of New Holland, PA; as well as his extended family and caring friends. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him.

Memorial Services will be held at the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, 750 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA on Thursday, January 29, 2009, at 11 AM with the Rev. Mark L. Russell officiating. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family. Visitation will follow the services on Thursday. Please omit flowers. Memorial Remembrances can be made in Tack's memory to the Lancaster Humane League. Arrangements Entrusted to the Andrew T. Scheid Funeral Home, 320 Blue Rock Road, Millersville, PA, 717-872-2266. For on-line condolences, directions or other information, you are welcome to visit our website at:
[list type=decimal]
[*]Home
[*]LancasterOnline.com: Obituaries: Robert E. "Tack" Trostle
[/LIST]

Stan, I am so sorry to see the loss of your friend. R.I.P.

Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't know him real well myself. However, I did work with him and know he was a good man. Just wanted to pay my respects and let the fella's that come on here know the details of his services too...

Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't know him real well myself. However, I did work with him and know he was a good man. Just wanted to pay my respects and let the fella's that come on here know the details of his services too...

Wow, that hurts, he looks so young, RIP Brother!!!! I pray he is with God now, void of all the pain that is this nasty world!!