Robotics startup - could this robot be helpful in any of your work?

candersen10

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello,

I've been working on a robotics startup, and we've developed a robotic cart that can follow you like a dog while carrying several hundred pounds. Below is a picture showing our robot; it sees you, locks onto you, and then follows you while carrying 300+ pounds.

Could anyone imagine our robot being useful following them around in deliveries or other settings?

5.jpg

about half way thru the video, as it was following the guy, it seemed to want to tip over. there should be 4 wheels for stability on rough surfaces, not 3.

i cannot see too many companies buying this for their employees, unless it is a multi million dollar corp.

for the single worker/owner of say a trucking company, this may be an expenditure they cannot afford. then when it stops working in mid following for what ever reason, the worker has to lug that stuff to wherever.

overall, a novel idea, but i think from what i have seen, more development needs to be done for stabilization over rough terrain and maybe access to and from loading docks, if there are any, cuz with only 3 wheels and climbing stairs, i can see wobbly and a crash.

Thanks for the feedback. We can easily add a 4WD version. Like a Tesla, all the battery weight is down also which helps a bit.

This is a very early prototype. It needs a ton of work for sure, we are just trying to figure out if there is a market/need out there for following robotic carts

Thanks for the feedback. We can easily add a 4WD version. Like a Tesla, all the battery weight is down also which helps a bit.

This is a very early prototype. It needs a ton of work for sure, we are just trying to figure out if there is a market/need out there for following robotic carts
maybe inside of a factory, i (right now) don't see a need for truck drivers. at least in a factory, should it tip due to improper loading and that one rear wheel, it'll be on the factory floor, rather than the parking lot, in stormy weather...isn't that when that crap happens?

you may not need 4wd or awd, just that 4th wheel for more stability. i also could not see any "suspension system" if there are valuable products on board, and running over an uneven surface, when things go bouncy-bouncy, expect things falling off or damage.

that might not be appreciated in a china plate or glass making factory.

some sort of manual pump up air bags, which would mean, you'd have to check into hand held air pumps, much like an old fashion bicycle type? then permanently connect that, to the frame, so no one steals it or misplaces it.

I would program it to go to the 7-11 and bring me back a 30 Pack.
At the moment it could carry about two kegs if each is around 165 lbs. We can/will scale it up/down as necessary also. Current platform is just to get an idea of whether there is a market for something like this.

A driver could back into a loading area and then push a button on an intercom. The receiver would then come down with the cart following. The receiver and his freight carrying cart would then go back into the freight elevator and back up to his office on the thirtieth floor of the building. Maybe one day the cart could do all of this by itself.

Last edited:
I wonder if they will have one with a platform bigger than the one shown? Dave could use it at Coop HQ to set his hat on....
No one makes one today that you can buy, so no Dave at Coop HQ does not have one.

BIG R GUY, if you'd like one we can hook you up though!

Hello,

I've been working on a robotics startup, and we've developed a robotic cart that can follow you like a dog while carrying several hundred pounds. Below is a picture showing our robot; it sees you, locks onto you, and then follows you while carrying 300+ pounds.

Could anyone imagine our robot being useful following them around in deliveries or other settings?

5.jpg

I’d rather have one of these.

I’d rather have one of these.

i have said it over and over, a whole slew of these things in the military will be here someday. the "enemy" will run till they drop, then one (or all) of these things can explode, killing a bunch of then enemy, at a life saving cost to our troops.

i have said it over and over, a whole slew of these things in the military will be here someday. the "enemy" will run till they drop, then one (or all) of these things can explode, killing a bunch of then enemy, at a life saving cost to our troops.
someday has arrived yet like Tomorrow, it's not on a Calendar.

Last edited: