roll call

Started as PT clerk in RFO, moved to CHR in 1989. Went to MBS (Myrtle Beach, SC) then back to CHR after the "Austerity" program started. Finished up at CHR Terminal Secretary. Worked 2 weeks into the shut down. That was enough for me. I couldn't stand watching them tear things apart. I loved my job until the last year.

I don't think i know about the Austerity program that's a new one on me tell us about that program and who came up with that one. i also work into the shut down i was one of the last one to hit the clock for the last time. the last thing i did was to take a trailer to Nashville and drop it and that night line haul came and got the rest that was it for us and i never went back in the place. Benton move in the place not to long after that and there gone now and the place is just a shell it all but gone to no yard left

I spent 20 wonderful years at CF in downtown Waco, TX and loved my job as night billing clerk, dispatcher, payroll clerk and bottle washer. Waco was one of the few terminals that had a union office and the union help answered the phone..FIRST! Finished up at Yellow. Great guys, but not so great management. I still keep in touch with a few of the line drivers. Miss the CF family! Worked shutdown and it broke my heart.

13 years in Miami, great bunch of guys. Never went back after close, didn't like what thay did to inform us of close. Now with ABF since shutdown.

Hey guys and girls, Chuck Johnson here, Started at CF 08/1989 in flagstaff AZ. Moved twice and ended up in Indianapolis. I quit 2 months before the shutdown (got lucky) and went to USF Holland. Im making another move now and starting at walmart 10/18/2010. I dont know whats going to happen to this (UNION?) but I hope we all get some kind of retirement out of it! I wish you all the very best and yes I miss the old days.

Hi Hydraulic Banana allis Chuck,
It's always great to hear from a former CF family member and know you are doing O.K. I retired in 2006 and was one of the lucky ones to get my retirement and I never go to sleep at night that I don't pray for all Teamsters that they too will get a check for all their hard work when they retire. Good Luck on your recent move to Wal-mart. Take care and stay safe.

our office was union at kno great bunch of gals in there too. being the union steward for the city drivers&dockworkers they took a lot heat to help me get the stuff i needed to help the guys and me to file the grievance papers right sure do miss everyone in office dock&drivers and on the last we had some good dock foreman's some days lol lol lol