FedEx Freight | Romor Du Jour

Status
Not open for further replies.

train

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard a good one today It seems some drivers feel they are so mistreated that they are going to run their runs according to policey meaning they want everyone to leave on their gate time take your 15 min break your 30 min break at the meet point or what have and then take the 15 min break on the way home. Boy that'll show them big bad people that run this place Boy you just can't get over on some of these drivers, my way of thinking? oh grow up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard a good one today It seems some drivers feel they are so mistreated that they are going to run their runs according to policey meaning they want everyone to leave on their gate time take your 15 min break your 30 min break at the meet point or what have and then take the 15 min break on the way home. Boy that'll show them big bad people that run this place Boy you just can't get over on some of these drivers, my way of thinking? oh grow up!
Thats right,they will show the company.They will get home even later than they used too,let alone get paid for the work they already do,take the breaks and lunch that are already figured into their runs.Man thats what I want too do,after I get my set at the meet point or HUB sit their for 30 more mins while everyone else is 30 miles down the road.On top of that stop on the side of the road for 15 more mins and just drag the day out longer.Boy that will show them.I believe these runs were set up with these times in place,thats why there are show times and gate times.Man these guys are smart,your right train,cant get one over on them.Who would have thought about doing what your job was.Do you think they will get made at me if I take 15 mins for fueling and leave 5 mins before my gate.

So you take all your breaks and wait till your gate time to leave. Maybe you even run at the posted speed limit. Big deal. The system is designed to have everyone show up within a "window". The shifts are staffed for the window. If you're early, so what. Take all your breaks and prove to the freight flow guys how smart they are.

No biggy. Just do like everyone else does; log it but don't take it. Gives you more variety on where to stop or gets you home quicker. Your choice.

Have fun doing that with electronic logbooks, GPS, and gate readers on all the trailers.
That stuff's coming down the pike ...welcome to Big Brother Freight.
You guys will take your breaks where and when FedEx wants you or you'll be out of a job (which, probably would be a good thing the way this POS company is going).

train, you should be in management. Not driving!You must be a "company"boy!
Not a company BOY but a MAN that understands you cannot continue to bite the hand that feed you most of you people didn't grow up believeing you ride for the brand, instead your like welfare queens that complain about how bad the free cheese is

Not a company BOY but a MAN that understands you cannot continue to bite the hand that feed you most of you people didn't grow up believeing you ride for the brand, instead your like welfare queens that complain about how bad the free cheese is

Here, Here old boy. Some of these "Men" are crying like 5 year old girls. And I use the word men very loosely. If some of you think this is a POS Co. then have the huevos to stand by it and quit. Moves me up the board faster. Otherwise shut up and do your job.

Have fun doing that with electronic logbooks, GPS, and gate readers on all the trailers.
You guys will take your breaks where and when FedEx wants you or you'll be out of a job (which, probably would be a good thing the way this POS company is going).
So what is your point? All carriers who have over 50 trucks are going to have the electronic log units. If you don't want to truck for BIG BROTHER you should go to work for Mom and Pop or buy your own truck.

GPS and paperless logs, probably, but that will be the end of the gate readers, you won't need them with GPS. And I will say this again, you need some serious help, you are so negative that you are probably a danger to yourself and others.

I'v told more than one little whinner if they are that miserable that the gate opens both ways and that ain't no one way street out there it brought you in and it can take you out, The day I'm that unhappy I'm gone I'v done that to more jobs than most of you got years being out of the short pants

I've never been on welfare, but I have had the free cheese. Let me tell you it's some of the best cheese you'll ever have, and being a cheesehead from Wisconsin says a lot!

I think someone missed the "train" on this post. This has to be a local drivers who is absolutely clueless. Since I'm a California line drivers who has worked for this company since you were probably in short pants, we are required by law to: Log in our lunch and breaks and it has to match with what we put into the computer. On a straight through meet run we can't leave more than 30 minutes before our gate time. After 12 hours we are required to take a second lunch, which also has to match the computer to the log book. The company wants us to run on schedule which we do for the most part. We get paid by the mile, not by the hour. The longer we are in the truck, the less per hour we make. You probably over heard someone who was having a bad day. When push comes to shove, we get the freight to the service center on time. TP

I like running just like my Buster Brown fellow drivers run, take my breaks with them ,eat lunch and sit back and enjoy life before it passes you by!

Ther you go Pipes and freightflow there is reason they call this work and not fun but that does not mean you have to run with your face mashed against the windshield the whole time relax get the job done most of you are going to be here a long time...not me but most of you'all

Status
Not open for further replies.