FedEx Freight | Romor Du Jour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun doing that with electronic logbooks, GPS, and gate readers on all the trailers.
That stuff's coming down the pike ...welcome to Big Brother Freight.
You guys will take your breaks where and when FedEx wants you or you'll be out of a job (which, probably would be a good thing the way this POS company is going).

The simple fact of the matter is we're dealing with right now. What the future holds in the areas you mention are not a reality.............yet. So in the mean time, it's best to deal with the cards that have been dealt to you. If you don't like the hand that you have, throw in the towel and go find another game to get in.

Electronic logs are not that bad. I kind of liked them at the place I worked that had them. It took a lot of the work out of running...just log on as on duty then when you released the parking brake, it would automatically change your status to driving. At the end of the day, log off, download your info onto a magnetic card, go inside and put the card into a card reader hooked to a computer and it would print my log page for the day. I liked when a scale master would come over the loudspeaker in the scales and tell me to pull around and bring in my logs. I would show him my log console through the window (it is hardwired to the truck), invariably he would give me the green light to go on.

I don't think I would mind the electronic logs all that much myself slim. I've got an old buddy that pulls tanker for Kenan out of Chapel Hill N.C. that's had it for a couple of years now and he tells me that after he got used to it it was pretty ok.
After filling out a truck load of paper logs over the years I wouldn't miss doing it anymore.

Only problem I've heard about electronic logs was from a OD driver. He was telling me that once you are going slow enough like though bumper to bumper traffic it will switch you from driving to on duty. My thought I at that point you are false logging. I don't mind paper logs.

We had different ones then. Ours would not switch you to on duty not driving until you pulled the parking brakes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

had a fellow last year about this time trying to get home from a turn in a snow storm on the last day before the holiday he was afraid if he didn't make better time he would be shut down interstate was shut down and we were on the back roads now that would be the tuff part of it

Run compliant- see what good that does for you. You have'nt been mistreated yet, when they take all the pay for d, h, dh, fl, etc., away and pay you mileage only- the fun will begin- not to mention where the safety will go. The computers will only benefit them, there's nothing you can do about it, so start being compliant now... or a dock to driver will replace you.

I feel the same way about my new bid tractor- an automatic, Volvo- I like it now, and don't have to worry about a trainee destroying the clutch.

Have fun doing that with electronic logbooks, GPS, and gate readers on all the trailers.
You guys will take your breaks where and when FedEx wants you or you'll be out of a job (which, probably would be a good thing the way this POS company is going).

GPS has been active for some time now and gate readers have been on the trailers for a number of years... Where the hell have you been? Where is the company going? Where are YOU going?

thought you were makin subs???:nut_kick:Business slow??

GPS has been active for some time now and gate readers have been on the trailers for a number of years... Where the hell have you been? Where is the company going? Where are YOU going?
No intermec no gps. The hardware is there but the brains aren't. Kind of like Harrison.

Richard Cranium said:
No intermec no gps. The hardware is there but the brains aren't. Kind of like Harrison.

They have they brains at our terminal,have for two years. They can see where you are on a map and everything.

I feel the same way about my new bid tractor- an automatic, Volvo- I like it now, and don't have to worry about a trainee destroying the clutch.

How is the Power with the Volvo motor and is the tranny a straight Auto or a Auto/ manuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.