Pitt-Ohio | Ross Express

ltltrkr

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
heard you guys bought out Ross Express in New England or at least part of it. It’s on your website like Dorn Transfer . You think they will change the name??

As far as I know Ross is still a partner carrier, although this wouldn’t be the first time I read about major developments on the internet before hearing from management. I see that, like Dohrn, Ross’ service area appears as Pitt Ohio direct service points, but I’m not sure how that is determined. Dohrn appears to be keeping its name and identity as both new and used equipment entering the system is branded for them.

As far as I know Ross is still a partner carrier, although this wouldn’t be the first time I read about major developments on the internet before hearing from management. I see that, like Dohrn, Ross’ service area appears as Pitt Ohio direct service points, but I’m not sure how that is determined. Dohrn appears to be keeping its name and identity as both new and used equipment entering the system is branded for them.

Some of our guys in New England said Ross drivers said it also. I thought it was true since Pitt owns Dorn but kept the name. Suddenly listing Ross the same way makes it seem logical. They list Averit as a partner carrier but they don’t show the terminals. Why it makes sense also is Ross is the last New England carrier, if someone else was to buy them it would leave Pitt with no one. There are a few 1 terminal carriers but no multi state left other than what’s left of Land Air.

I was finally able to confirm this, maybe I should speak to your contacts in the future, lol. As for now Ross, like other LTL and Truckload carriers acquired by Chuck Hammel, will continue to operate as a stand alone company in the “Pitt Ohio Transportation Group” ( if I’m remembering the name correctly-I’ve never heard that before). This seems to be the preferred way of operating which dates back to the 51% purchase of ECM Transport in 2005.

I was finally able to confirm this, maybe I should speak to your contacts in the future, lol. As for now Ross, like other LTL and Truckload carriers acquired by Chuck Hammel, will continue to operate as a stand alone company in the “Pitt Ohio Transportation Group” ( if I’m remembering the name correctly-I’ve never heard that before). This seems to be the preferred way of operating which dates back to the 51% purchase of ECM Transport in 2005.

Thanks!! I still find it funny on your site shows Ross and terminals, but on Ross’s site it does not even mention Pitt. It could be that they still have to give them an update ( its basic). We still say it was done with the Saia expansion , they just listed driver jobs in Mass.