SEFL | Rotations

mikejones234

TB Lurker
Credits
How are rotations done at your barn. I've heard through the grape vine, that some terminals do it different. We have been having problems with favortism to certain drivers, they are always on call on fridays or mondays. Management does not follow the list in the correct order he may skip 2 drivers and go to another then go back to them later in the week. Also we have had guys who were supposed to rotate that day, come in that evening and work the dock for 4 hrs the same driver does this everytime he is on call. But when another driver is on call he is not allowed to come in and work the dock.

we have had a city guy work dock on his rotation day as well. I think they all have that option but only I taking them up on it. When he works part-timer stays home. Not sure, but I believe rotation works the way it is suppose to otherwise. Outbound man ain't worth a hoot at keeping up with linehaul, but we all have a list and educate him when he gets off track, lol.

If you are rotated off you are not suppose to work period. If you work any it is not suppose to be a rotation day.

mike i think they are doing a good job on all this stuff....they are keeping us working and not doing the things other ltl companys are doing......you read whats happening on the other ltl post....if a guy works the dock or comes in later in the day its ok....enjoy your day off....relax some...the rest will help you....it helps me be more productive....i have more get up and go.....besides you can get your yard mowed now...want eat up your saturday...our tm does a great job with our rotation....as the old almanic says....rest up for busier times

our rotation is fair , we don't have any "on call drivers", but our dispatchers will call you on the nextel, and if you have it on he will ask you to come in if he needs help. I've been called several times on my day off to come in. Works out for everyone. There are plenty of guys that want the day off, and for the guys that want to work, you can almost all the time as long as you don't complain about what they give you, i mean you might be going to the dump with a pallet trailer if you know what I mean!!!!