SAIA | *Rumor* Another 5%

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
Word going around ATL last night was we will be getting another 5% pay cut this week. I think the rumor has more to do with the YRC vote than anything else. I just thought I would post it up incase someone with some inside info knew anything.

another 5% and for all the work we do will not be worth it! you think guys have bad attitudes now let this happen again! I smell a fuel tanker again:Flame-On::ranting2:

Not a problem for me. I quit scheduling vacations years ago because I was being paid less for vacation time than I was earning on a weekly basis.

Even since transferring to the dark side I don't schedule any except for one day a year which I didn't receive, even though it was approved. I use the vacation days to fill for the days I get cut. I'll wind up accruing more and more.

Nothing to worry about I'm told. The company was considering another 5% cut, but decided on the vacation thing instead.

yea they think the masses want figure out that they just gave up 1 to 4 weeks paid time off. looks like it is time for the U... word, at least we would be able to vote to get screwed

The letter announcing the change is in the mail. I received mine this morning. We have to work so many days/months/before accruing vacation time.

We can schedule it as usual and be paid as usual. However, if one leaves the company they will wind up owing the company for any vacation time taken that was not accrued. Any time accrued and not taken will roll over for hourly and linehaul employees.

I guess one way to get to them is to not schedule vacation until a large liability accrues to the company. Turn about is fair play using their own rules to our advantage.

another 5% and for all the work we do will not be worth it! you think guys have bad attitudes now let this happen again! I smell a fuel tanker again:Flame-On::ranting2:

well they got 5% in april, now vacation in august what's next? oh yea insurance comes up in november

Say it aint so.Maybe I can apply for food stamps if it gets much worse.Any of you know about a haz-mat spill in ATL yesterday?Heard they had to evacuate the terminal for a while.

Its a sad day that Saia used to be one of the top companies out there to work for now, HA. Driver beware. Management is slowly driving that company off the cliff. Good Luck drivers and others. WE CARE WE SHARE that was when they really did care now they removed the logo. See what happened!!!

Say it aint so.Maybe I can apply for food stamps if it gets much worse.Any of you know about a haz-mat spill in ATL yesterday?Heard they had to evacuate the terminal for a while.

Yeah, I do. I was there a bit after it happened, and showed up just in time for a second ambulance to arrive for another incident. Don't know if the second fire truck and ambulance were related to the first or not. Some class 4 dangerous when wet, was thrown into the dumpster by mistake I suppose. It began to rain and a mushroom cloud appeared.