Pitt-Ohio | Rumor has it ... an attempt to buy...

frogblow

TB Lurker
Credits
There is a rumor (supposedly its on the German Deutsche Post World Net site, and/or the plain german website for DHL, that, DHL is making an attempt to buy out Pitt-Ohio for a second time.

I find no info on any attempt to buy, or that it is a second attempt, any where on the internet.

Can someone verify this rumor. I don't speak or read german.:USA:

I don't know of this but DHL has been rumored to buy alot of freight companies. The last may have been WML but if they did I think it would be an advantage for the employees by more than likely enlarging the benifit package and pay scale to compete with the likes of FexEx and UPS. I had heard that they are having growing pains and lawsuit promlems in Europe sense the new owners took over. I think until that is taken care of the expansion in the US will be limited.

Ich habe gesehen, dass nichts irgendeinen buyout auf ihre Website sehend.

Sobald etwas dies mag, geschieht. ...you kann ruhen hat gezusichert dass jene von uns Transportierend an Booards. com wird sein das erste, die Nachrichten aus zu Ihnen zu erhalten. ...after alle. ...”, Wenn Sie Wissen Wollen, Was Geht“ .....come hier zuerst! ....KK

Kennesaw Kid said:

Sobald etwas dies mag, geschieht. ...you kann ruhen hat gezusichert dass jene von uns Transportierend an Booards. com wird sein das erste, die Nachrichten aus zu Ihnen zu erhalten. ...after alle. ...”, Wenn Sie Wissen Wollen, Was Geht“ .....come hier zuerst! ....KK

My son went to school in Germany, and speaks and writes the lanuage well.....we e-mail to many freinds we have over there.....there is no mentioning of any buy out....but try to translate the post I left for you in German!.....KK

Kennesaw Kid said:
My son went to school in Germany, and speaks and writes the lanuage well.....we e-mail to many freinds we have over there.....there is no mentioning of any buy out....but try to translate the post I left for you in German!.....KK
Please press 1 for English ?​

Kennesaw Kid said:

^
What he said :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Kennesaw Kid said:

There is no mentioning of a buyout on their website.

When there is any news of a buyout....you can exspect to hear it first on the Trucking Boards.com (Transportierend an Booards. com).....after all...."when you want to know what is going on"......come here first!....KK

PS: Press #4 for German!.....KK

I figure rumors are just that and not fact. Thats why I signed up here, I would expect to hear it here first. Thanks for4 all the input, I think it can be laid to rest.
Press #9 to dial out.

fr8rookie said:
I don't know of this but DHL has been rumored to buy alot of freight companies. The last may have been WML but if they did I think it would be an advantage for the employees by more than likely enlarging the benifit package and pay scale to compete with the likes of FexEx and UPS. I had heard that they are having growing pains and lawsuit promlems in Europe sense the new owners took over. I think until that is taken care of the expansion in the US will be limited.

I dont know about mileage for linehaul because I run the city but at Watkins we make more than the FedEx Freight drivers in the east anyways. Our benefits already compare to the others. It didn't really matter a whole lot to me just so I had a job and the paychecks kept coming. I am glad we dont have to wear those uniforms DHL has though...lol

Kennesaw Kid said:

Just a dumb truck driver. Not!! i speak a second language also. Redneck!!

CFer said:
^
What he said :biglaugh:
I had to know too so I let altavista translate "I saw that nothing any buyout on its Website seeing. As soon as something this likes, happens. ... you can rest has gezusichert that that one from us transporting on Booards. com its first to receive the messages from to you. ... after everything... ", If it knowledge wools, which goes ".....come here first! ....":hysterical: :hysterical: :shrug:

wolf said:
I had to know too so I let altavista translate "I saw that nothing any buyout on its Website seeing. As soon as something this likes, happens. ... you can rest has gezusichert that that one from us transporting on Booards. com its first to receive the messages from to you. ... after everything... ", If it knowledge wools, which goes ".....come here first! ....":hysterical: :hysterical: :shrug:

Close,but it reads...."I saw nothing about any buyout on their website. As soon as something like this happens....you can rest assured that it will be posted on TruckingBoards.com....after all...."If you want to know whats going on"....come here first!.....KK..

I speak 3 languages.....English, Southern and profane.....very well versed in the last 2!......KK

DHL Buyouts

I have heard on the streets for the last couple of years since the Yellow-Roadway deal that DHL was behind this is there any truth to this? Or was this just one of them truck driving rumors that got started. Just curious some of those yellow big R drivers send some replies and Holland now.

ridgerunner said:
I have heard on the streets for the last couple of years since the Yellow-Roadway deal that DHL was behind this is there any truth to this? Or was this just one of them truck driving rumors that got started. Just curious some of those yellow big R drivers send some replies and Holland now.
RR Yellow got money from Duesth (spelling ?) bank to buy Roadway. Dhl is run by the Duesth post office so guys just made the connection. Some one said Duesth just means "German" so thinking it is an apples and oranges thing. KK talks good German man maybe he knows for sure. What it boils down to is don't think they are buying yell/rdwy but if I was real intelligent I would'nt drive for a livin:gathering:

You are correct Wolf.....Deutsche....means German.....but a company using it in their name does not make it all the same company...ie: we have American Airlines, American Freight, America Online....get it?

But here is some insite on Deutsche Bank.....follow the money and who loaned what to whom to buy what has been bought so far..........KK

Deutsche Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I said.....FOLLOW THE MONEY.....KK

"An excerpt of text from this page:
3 Indenture (including form of note) dated August 8, 2003 among Yellow Roadway Corporation, certain subsidiary guarantors and Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, as trustee, relating to Yellow Roadway Corporation?s 5.0% Contingent Convertible Senior Notes due 2023 (incorporated by reference to Exh ..."

Yellow 2004 Annual Report

When I was with WML before the buyout by FedEx, the rumors around our place was DHL was buying us. From what I can tell when the new owners of DHL took over they had some(alot) of issues to deal with and that expanision was put on the back burner. In the future I look to them to get into the LTL side of delievery but,I believe it will start with solid reginal carriers and then be combined. As far as Yellow and Roadway is concerned it might happen but there might be a few draw backs. I not sure the teamsters have any thing to do with it but legacy cost might,but the overall purchase price would put them in a hole to start with.I could see them branching off like FedEx. Being that they were Air Borne Express at one time.

Kennesaw Kid said:
You are correct Wolf.....Deutsche....means German.....but a company using it in their name does not make it all the same company...ie: we have American Airlines, American Freight, America Online....get it?

But here is some insite on Deutsche Bank.....follow the money and who loaned what to whom to buy what has been bought so far..........KK

Deutsche Bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Man I hate sauerkraut. Very interesting and I'll try to sort it out but what has this got to do with dhl:poster_stupid: I can be pretty dense at times. My guess is your trying to say what ever Dustche wants Dustche gets. I do see where they are more innertwined with our corperate world than I like.:hide: Maybe we could sell them a couple of ports and they will leave us alone