XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

ole man

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard?

I'm in the Cincinnati District of our company. Twice now I've heard the rumor that XPO/CNWY is going to give us a $1.00 per hour raise, but, overtime will be discontinued. Has anyone else heard of this and if so will employees simply accept it? Go at it!!

Has anyone heard?

I'm in the Cincinnati District of our company. Twice now I've heard the rumor that XPO/CNWY is going to give us a $1.00 per hour raise, but, overtime will be discontinued. Has anyone else heard of this and if so will employees simply accept it? Go at it!!
What said at my barn is we aren't getting anything.

Has anyone heard?

By discontinuing OT, if this is true and comes to fruition, I wonder if they mean cutting guys loose at their 8, or just refusing to pay OT (where legal).

By discontinuing OT, if this is true and comes to fruition, I wonder if they mean cutting guys loose at their 8, or just refusing to pay OT (where legal).[/QOTE]
They can go to paying ot after 50 and get away with it thru the entire system, hell they really do not have to pay time and a half in interstate trucking...

I doubt they would stop paying o/t... If I had to guess I think there will be a moderate pay increase announced in early summer and implemented a couple months following.

Would a lot of city drivers transfer to the south with no difference in pay? Or would you just leave and go to a better company?

There is a new dispatch software in use now. It tracks the city dsr start times, and if a driver is coming up to his 8, a red flag appears by his name. The onus is on the fos now to schedule the drivers properly, and minimize the ot.

There is a new dispatch software in use now. It tracks the city dsr start times, and if a driver is coming up to his 8, a red flag appears by his name. The onus is on the fos now to schedule the drivers properly, and minimize the ot.
Good God...what next?

They have had on screen o/t tracking for a long time at our terminal

They have had on screen o/t tracking for a long time at our terminal
It's not the same. It's a kronos kind of deal. Keeps track of start times and when they should finish without going into ot. Suppose to make them accountable for sending a guy cross country for a pick up when he's close to his 8. Will it reduce ot? Maybe, but not by much.

It's not the same. It's a kronos kind of deal. Keeps track of start times and when they should finish without going into ot. Suppose to make them accountable for sending a guy cross country for a pick up when he's close to his 8. Will it reduce ot? Maybe, but not by much.
Someone has to deliver and pick up the freight. If we don't do it someone else will.