XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

Their degree? Even the modern "supply chain management" doesn't remotely cross into front line ltl supervision in a top down style publicly traded company.

Colleges could put together an intro to ltl. Hold it outdoors in the winter up north and summer down south. Classes would be 10
Hours long but you only get credit for 3. You have to quit your bar tending job where you make a few hundred dollars a night because classes are at night.

Face it. It's a ::shit:: industry. Best you can do is work for a company that doesn't make you hate yourself.

Has anyone heard?

I'm in the Cincinnati District of our company. Twice now I've heard the rumor that XPO/CNWY is going to give us a $1.00 per hour raise, but, overtime will be discontinued. Has anyone else heard of this and if so will employees simply accept it? Go at it!!
By the way , rumor debunked. This time.

At our barn, most of our senior drivers get OT everyday while flex board guys come in at 1430-1500. Some days we get to come in earlier. With that said, we still miss a TON of freight. Missed 2 pickups yesterday because our "dispatch" doesn't seem to get it. Had a driver on the dock (me) at 1430 after I did 1 delivery. Got back, asked him if he had anything, said nope, I just chuckled and got on a motor. Buddy of mine who I talked to earlier said he doubts he's gonna make all his pickups, with starting late and driving back an forth. He got back and sure enough, didn't get 2 pickups cause they were closed. Thing that gets me, is that we have drivers coming back with half a trailer empty, if not completely empty. Why not send them to do the pickups instead of making 1 guy run like crazy to get all this stuff. They were close to the area! grrr
You think we are the only one doing this> I while back I talked to a UPS freight drive and his dispatcher sends him pickup and when the truck full that's it. He said he get what he can the rest has to wait till the next day. What most of you are missing is why B. Jacobs bought us. He said in the near future trailer floor space will be premium and someday shippers will have to pay top $. In trucking the P&L numbers are really tight and running a truck to make two pickups is not worth the expense.
The other is the dispatcher is more worried about his numbers.

In response to Highspeed comments..
DbCxlU3.jpg

And---- they never ever question the higher up"s decisions. I have been told that before. They want to make them into the kind of FOS that they want, not someone who can think for themselves.
That almost the same reason FedEx rarely hires drivers off the street AMD just trains there own in their cdl school at least in my area.

Has anyone heard?

I'm in the Cincinnati District of our company. Twice now I've heard the rumor that XPO/CNWY is going to give us a $1.00 per hour raise, but, overtime will be discontinued. Has anyone else heard of this and if so will employees simply accept it? Go at it!!
Well what else you/we gonna do about it?