XPO | Rumor Mill: It's going again!

24K per trailer would gross out over 80K. That is not going to happen. I sure as hell would not pull it.
https://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/policy/rpt_congress/truck_sw_laws/app_a.htm#sd
Enjoy the read.
:South Dakota has a grandfather provision under Federal law (23 CFR Part 658, Appendix C) to allow vehicles to operate up to 129,000 lbs. GVW on parts of the interstate system. See the Routes section for a full description of the routes to which this grandfather provision applies.
:North Dakota has a grandfather provision under Federal law (23 CFR Part 658, Appendix C) to allow vehicles to operate up to 105,500 lbs. GVW on the Interstate System. See the Routes section for a full description of the routes to which this grandfather provision applies.

Look you state up you might learn something new

Either. Like I said, had a pseg shipment, both were 25 plus. Axles scaled legal, gross was 88,000 lb. the permit is based on weight, not lcv.
some forget the each state has it on exception on weight. If any one has ever pulled oversized and overweight loads requiring permits they would understand this more. Every state has it own rules and laws regarding weight, size limits, and route restrictions.

some forget the each state has it on exception on weight. If any one has ever pulled oversized and overweight loads requiring permits they would understand this more. Every state has it own rules and laws regarding weight, size limits, and route restrictions.

Hard to believe that it would be that much more.

Even if the higher limits are accurate ( and they may be ) there's one problem: XPO's equipment has limits. Single axel tractors ( in a lot of cases ) and single axel pups. Fixed fifth wheels and fixed axels on most equipment and not to mention engines that couldn't pull a loose tooth.
Also of our engines are cut back in torque and HP. Maybe there's aren't.
The whole single axle, fixed axles, and fixed fifth wheels are not the problem. The problem is some of the brain dead forklifts operators we have. Load right and you have no problems. I pull 18k loads that were over axle weight and pulled 25k loads that scaled perfect.

Also of our engines are cut back in torque and HP. Maybe there's aren't.
The whole single axle, fixed axles, and fixed fifth wheels are not the problem. The problem is some of the brain dead forklifts operators we have. Load right and you have no problems. I pull 18k loads that were over axle weight and pulled 25k loads that scaled perfect.
We drive the same trucks you do. Same restrictions.

https://ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/policy/rpt_congress/truck_sw_laws/app_a.htm#sd
Enjoy the read.
:South Dakota has a grandfather provision under Federal law (23 CFR Part 658, Appendix C) to allow vehicles to operate up to 129,000 lbs. GVW on parts of the interstate system. See the Routes section for a full description of the routes to which this grandfather provision applies.
:North Dakota has a grandfather provision under Federal law (23 CFR Part 658, Appendix C) to allow vehicles to operate up to 105,500 lbs. GVW on the Interstate System. See the Routes section for a full description of the routes to which this grandfather provision applies.

Look you state up you might learn something new
Thanks for providing the link concerning weight limits per state. I went to my state of Florida and there are exceptions for Contained Sealed Cargo Units or a Self Propelled Crane. As a XPO employee I do not pull or operate either of those. So thank you for confirming my claim that if the weight is over 80k I will not pull it. Glad to know you took the time to back me up on this.

When is this big announcement? Is it good or bad news?

Anyone care to shed some light or speculate on what is going on?