Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

I would'nt swap my nice comfy Cascadia for ANY POS Volvo. Avrt buying Volvo's is the defination of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Any Volvo's built since 2003 are the biggest piles of DOG CRAP ever concieved by man.

You must be high or drunk or don't know squat about trucks.

My 2006 Volvo Daycabber has been a good one, never left me stranded and is daily abused in the city, 852,000 miles and is still tight !

I have to tell you LTL I did love my Volvo the last one I had quite some years ago but when I got my International well it's just the best driving truck I have driven in 25 years...of course I do have a sleeper and probably would differ from a International day cab...

A sleeper is going to always be a superior ride, model for model, to a daycab. The biggest reason is that it is heavier and more locations for insulation.

:shift:
You must be high or drunk or don't know squat about trucks.

Nope..not high..not drunk...I supposed with around 3 million miles behind mile,..snow..ice..mountains..Canada, I no nothing about trucks. Over the years I've driven..Macks,Volvo's,KW's,Pete's,Frtlnr's, IH's and FORDS,My Cascadia id the best truck I've ever driven on ICE,SNOW and Heavy Rain/WIND. This week I turned..ORL to Pelham Al,Birmingham Al,Russellville Ky,Mt Juliet Tn,Irving Tx,Grand Prairie Tx,Tifton Ga and Home to ORL, got in this morning,2786 miles and I'm not even tired...If I had a Volvo i probally been on the wrecker somewhere along the line!

:shift:

Nope..not high..not drunk...I supposed with around 3 million miles behind mile,..snow..ice..mountains..Canada, I no nothing about trucks. Over the years I've driven..Macks,Volvo's,KW's,Pete's,Frtlnr's, IH's and FORDS,My Cascadia id the best truck I've ever driven on ICE,SNOW and Heavy Rain/WIND. This week I turned..ORL to Pelham Al,Birmingham Al,Russellville Ky,Mt Juliet Tn,Irving Tx,Grand Prairie Tx,Tifton Ga and Home to ORL, got in this morning,2786 miles and I'm not even tired...If I had a Volvo i probally been on the wrecker somewhere along the line!

Well, all that tells me is you must be a REAL slow learner!....:biglaugh:

Hey, if you love your Cascadia that's cool.
But most drivers (myself included) will say you'll never find a more dependable better riding truck than a Volvo.

How much sitting did you have to do in order to rest up? When will AE get Freightliner Coronado's?

Just took my 10 brks, took a 10 brk at Caddo mills TX, went over to Irving delvred, and down to Avrt Dal, by 0600, did'nt get my DAL-TIF LTL until 2345, out the gate 0010...that was the longest I sat all week ...for ONCE I was preplanned a day ahead!

If we had competence in charge, you could be pre planned a day ahead every day. But as it stands you have to deal with hair-on-fire management.

Hard to beat the Int daycab when in the city, the automatic makes it very nice in traffic/stop lights and when blind side backing the clutch is one thing less to worry about when you are crowded situations, it's just not worth a flip on the road, no fuel mileage or pulling power at all.
The international sleepers were great until they got a few miles.... AE never replaces the shocks unless they break, that would be a huge change in the rides. The new daycab volvo's have been getting sent out, some of the older guys have been having issues adjusting to the touch screen keyboard, remember the new qual comm's screen slides up just like a slider phone and gives you the option of a regular, but small, keyboard so you dont have to deal with the touch screen as much, also using a pencil/pen to touch the screen may also help, logging yourself as an active driver will keep it from making noise every 5 mins (it makes a noise to remind you to log in).

Driver's of the newest Volvo's, keep in mind there is a battery cut off switch that the older volvos dont have (in case you get in it and it has no power), it's located on the frame just under the driver's seat right above the battery box, I say that because there will be some clowns that walk by and flip the switch on unsuspecting drivers.

Hard to beat the Int daycab when in the city, the automatic makes it very nice in traffic/stop lights and when blind side backing the clutch is one thing less to worry about when you are crowded situations, it's just not worth a flip on the road, no fuel mileage or pulling power at all.
The international sleepers were great until they got a few miles.... AE never replaces the shocks unless they break, that would be a huge change in the rides. The new daycab volvo's have been getting sent out, some of the older guys have been having issues adjusting to the touch screen keyboard, remember the new qual comm's screen slides up just like a slider phone and gives you the option of a regular, but small, keyboard so you dont have to deal with the touch screen as much, also using a pencil/pen to touch the screen may also help, logging yourself as an active driver will keep it from making noise every 5 mins (it makes a noise to remind you to log in).

Driver's of the newest Volvo's, keep in mind there is a battery cut off switch that the older volvos dont have (in case you get in it and it has no power), it's located on the frame just under the driver's seat right above the battery box, I say that because there will be some clowns that walk by and flip the switch on unsuspecting drivers.

Clutch, to me, is second nature and not an issue.
Older drivers, some of them, have a problem with smart phones and also things as simple as a text message (the standard of communicating these days). They will fish or cut bait is my answer to that.
If and when they send us some Volvos, I'll be glad to deal with any and all issues.

Any news on raises this year. I was about this time last year that we received one.
Will combo shuttle pay ever be equal to regular shuttle pay.

Any news on raises this year. I was about this time last year that we received one.
We have had ONE penny per mile raise in 6 years. I don't expect one as long as the bourgeoisie are stuffing their coffers and we the proletariat will continue to slave for their pocket stuffing.

Will combo shuttle pay ever be equal to regular shuttle pay.
Once the hill realized the big $$$ savings of screwing the combo drivers on pay, there will be no equalization of pay. It is not fair but the combo drivers tolerate it and corp. loves it so no, there will be no pay equalization.

You must also realize and recognize that Gary no longer controls the reigns of the company. Their is a board of governors that control all and Gary is simply a figure head that is sent around for photo ops to place in the monthly Pravda. Once he goes to where he is dispatched the rulers dispatch him to another region and terminals for more photos of the plebes in red shirts.

Combo's agreed to their pay scale when they joined, not bashing the Combo drivers, but they chose that classification. And Lifer I have to disagree with your position on Gary S., our owner and President. He is still 100% involved with the daily operations of Averitt, I know this to be a fact. In spite of all the rumors saying that he is just a "figurehead" and has no say or care in what happens here. If anyone ever doubts this, call him and ask him. I spent some time with him one on one face to face at a banquet a year ago and we discussed Averitt and he answered any questions that had and I left that conversation knowing that he has passion and interest in Averitt and that this place with be here long after his retirement. Sincerely, Companyman. And yes I polish the tanks on my new Volvo.

I don't believe a man that was so invested at one time with the company would allow it to go down the crapper like he has. You believe the monthly Pravda propaganda also.

The outside is the company's responsibility. I clean the inside where I spend my time but am not paid to scrub on it. Again, if it turned black (and it's close to that now, I couldn't care less. If AE wants it to look nice and clean they can wash it and I would welcome that. If they want ME to scrub anything other than the windows, show me the time clock.