Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

Wow, you are either burned out or depressed.
Actually ltl is right on the money.I left in August... I got tired of being bent over every week, stealing my money (at least 15% of it on shorted miles) unloading trailer full of dog food for 25 dollars, sitting 16 hours between loads for no compensation, being 50 miles from my home terminal (CHA-former truck# 12327) on a Friday morning and not get home till 10 at night, or Saturday morning...The list goes on and on and on.
You would have to be delusional to think that Averitt T/L is above any other crappy T/L carrier.
LTL and local might be different, but T/L is a real sh*thole.

Actually ltl is right on the money.I left in August... I got tired of being bent over every week, stealing my money (at least 15% of it on shorted miles) unloading trailer full of dog food for 25 dollars, sitting 16 hours between loads for no compensation, being 50 miles from my home terminal (CHA-former truck# 12327) on a Friday morning and not get home till 10 at night, or Saturday morning...The list goes on and on and on.
You would have to be delusional to think that Averitt T/L is above any other crappy T/L carrier.
LTL and local might be different, but T/L is a real sh*thole.
Maybe I am delusional, I've been called worse :) but I think drivers could do a lot worse than drive for Averitt Express. I'm sure they have their problems, some of which I am very much aware of, but I would not go so far as to say every new applicant is a no-good thug. Generalizations like that do little to make a valid point. I would think most trucking companies, like a lot of other businesses, have made cutbacks in recent years due to a crappy economy. If AE has suffered so drastically, think of what some of the original crappy companies may have become.

I'm sure they have their problems, some of which I am very much aware of, but I would not go so far as to say every new applicant is a no-good thug. Generalizations like that do little to make a valid point.
When you have a reputation throughout the industry as being cheap and a severe underpaying employer, the quality people stay away in droves leaving the front door to be clogged with thugs. Sad but it is so. Didn't used to be like that.

but I think drivers could do a lot worse than drive for Averitt Express.
Sure they could, but that's like comparing dog poo to cat poo. Just because cat poo doesn't smell as bad ,it doesn't mean it's not poo.
If you're happy with Averitt that is great, but let's not pretend that Averitt is not screwing their T/L drivers. They just happen to screw them less then Swift/Covanent/Useless Express, and the list goes on forever.

From what I understand,,,they make the same as our dedicated drivers, which is less than what I make per mile. The 1st express drivers are right there with us TL drivers from what I understand, they do stay out longer. Alot of other TL outfits are raising pay and benefits along with HOME time. They are also doing away with FAIRYTALE mileage pay rates and going to PRACTICLE MILE payrates. I've kept a record since day one, of every load and trailer I've pulled. At the end of the week I fiquire miles run VS miles payed, it consistently runs right around 10%. With the other outfits making it more attractive to come work for them, it has other AVRT TL drivers and I thinking. I do not want to make a move, however it comes right down to $ when all else is said and done. I do not do this job for entertainment purposes!:shift:
I spoke to my First Fleet pal today and he told me their top out was .365 per mile.

Anyone hear about the NUMBNUT that was looking for a MT T/L trl at JMS,,,and broke the METAL seal on a BUD load......Guess who bought the beer load...never found out who the person was that did it.....Of course having it happen at JMS is NO SURPRISE........

Anyone hear about the NUMBNUT that was looking for a MT T/L trl at JMS,,,and broke the METAL seal on a BUD load......Guess who bought the beer load...never found out who the person was that did it.....Of course having it happen at JMS is NO SURPRISE........
Anything that happens there is no surprise.

He has been with First Fleet for 24 years and really likes it there, but he is a senior driver, they opened in 1986.

He has been with First Fleet for 24 years and really likes it there, but he is a senior driver, they opened in 1986.
The reason he likes it there is because he has not experienced being paid fairly for what he does. He hasn't tasted the water.

I must take up for my friend here, just as I would for you. He has tasted the water, John 14:4 "but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” He is what we call a By-vocation Pastor, he trucks and then is a pastor at a local church. I'm beginning to see a pattern in having a personal relationship with Christ and being content in all things, even the workplace. Reminds me of the story of Jesus feeding the 5,000 plus with 5 loaves of bread and two fishes, meaning little is much when God is in it, He blesses those who serve Him, here I go preaching again, I'm back quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
This helps me not to get flustered when my outlook on life is misunderstood, "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Cor. 1:18

I am not flustered whatsoever. I see things for what they are and NOT through rose colored glasses. We call that being a realist.

You are more than free to believe in whatever makes you happy, just realize that there are other very viable views on religion. Yours is NOT the only one NOR the only way. :kickedoutsmile:

Read my response again, I use that verse to keep ME from getting flustered when folks don't understand my love for life. And you and so many are mistaken, my view is the only way, John 14:6 reassures me of this "Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 6:44 also tells us "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day." God never forces himself on anyone, but when He "draws" someone to Him, they will know it. Lifer, I stand on the authority of Jesus Christ and His word, He is the only way, but will have to chose to follow Him. Just asking, I know and you know people who have had horrendous life experiences that have radically changed their lives, but they still keep a positive attitude and refuse to live a defeated life. I went to visit a gravely ill friend hoping to offer encouragement only to leave the hospital encouraged myself. How can that be? What makes their life so different than our other friends that fall to pieces when the chips are down? They don't worry about the economy,world events, politics, what their health may be tomorrow, heck some don't even watch the news. They cling to the promise of daily bread, enough to get them through today, leaving tomorrow to the God they serve.

Thats what its all about. We all have a right to disagree.

I get sick of people trying to sell me timeshares also. The act of trying to portray a Shang ri la doesnt work with me. The "born againers" are the worst in that regard.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Business is Business

One day at kindergarten the teacher said to the class of 5-year-olds, "I'll give $10 to the child who can tell me who was the most famous man who ever lived.

"A little Irish boy put his hand up and said, "It was St. Patrick.

"The teacher said, "I'm sorry Sean, that's not correct..

"Then a little Scottish boy put his hand up and said, "It was St. Andrew."

The teacher replied, "I'm sorry, Hamish, that's not right either.

"Finally a little Jewish boy raised his hand and said, "It was Jesus Christ."

The teacher said, "That's absolutely right, Marvin. Come up here and I'll give you the $10."

As the teacher was giving Marvin his money, she said, "You know, Marvin, since you're Jewish, I was very surprised you said 'Jesus Christ.'

"Marvin replied, "Yeah. In my heart, I knew it was Moses -- but business is business."