Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

I have been in management side of other companies and we were able to do FAR more than AE without ANY sleepers. It can be done and a lot more efficiently.

Ok, here is a qestion. Now that our wonderful company has given away a smart car (most dangerous car on the road) and an F-150, what will be the next gimmick? Here's one for you. How about a F**king raise for a change already!
They cant give out raises because those folks at corp will'nt be able to retire. I saw a ad on careerbuilder.com about averitt looking for drivers and the pay they are wanting to give is a joke just like the company. It has been over 4 years and drivers their still tell me that they haven't got a raise yet maybe cause all they can haul is crap freight. Maybe they should get another one hit wonder and sing another gay a$$ song about the company what a joke that was too.

Last edited by a moderator:
They cant give out raises because those folks at corp will'nt be able to retire. I saw a ad on careerbuilder.com about averitt looking for drivers and the pay they are wanting to give is a joke just like the company. It has been over 4 years and drivers their still tell me that they haven't got a raise yet maybe cause all they can haul is crap freight. Maybe they should get another one hit wonder and sing another gay a$$ song about the company what a joke that was too.

avrt is a joke and the folks in corp and at all the local levels are jokes as well..... and all of the drivers that believe all the BS that is put out there are jokes as well. First Fleet is coming! Look at the trucks they drive and compare. Bet they have got raises. When GS sucks all he can out of avrt he will leave them high and dry. avrt is a suckey company !! They will fall soon and i cant wait to see it crumble!!!!

Heres a new one it seems J.W. in DAL got his ass handed to him again by another driver. This driver was about to get fired for pissing in a trash can in the weight room and J.W. had him on video tape and told him about it in front of drivers in the break room and the accused went off on J.W. telling him he was going to kill him and started grabbing him and threw him on a table. The driver told me that J.W. was so scared he ran and locked himself in his office until the cops got there and arrested driver. Does anyone else know what happened?
That is the second time he has had altercations with drivers because he doen't know how to treat people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a new one it seems J.W. in DAL got his ass handed to him again by another driver. This driver was about to get fired for pissing in a trash can in the weight room and J.W. had him on video tape and told him about it in front of drivers in the break room and the accused went off on J.W. telling him he was going to kill him and started grabbing him and threw him on a table. The driver told me that J.W. was so scared he ran and locked himself in his office until the cops got there and arrested driver. Does anyone else know what happened?
That is the second time he has had altercations with drivers because he doen't know how to treat people.

it's shame he ran and went into hiding. it just goes to show you what kind of person he really is. i dont really understand why the driver would abuse a trash can but what ever. JW is what he is and most people with half a brain know what the deal is. he does not know how to talk to people i know this firsthand and one day it will catch up with him. but you have to remember that you are just a lowly driver and jw sits on a throne. i hope changes are made before you see avrt on the news. when you can hide you can be a big man. LOL

When I ran in and out of DAL a lot, there was a little ***** that ran the outbound dock at nite, that I wanted to choke the life out of on numerous occassions! Taking a whiz in a trashcan is stupid, that is saved for between the trl tires or the back of the parking lot on the fence line:clapping:

You know the one jeepman. He is a menace and always has been. Hides behind others shirttails. Real man....NOT.

I can't speak on the bosses character, but the guy that got fired more than deserved it. That is unexcuseable, if he did that to a trash can imagine how he treats his tractor and worse the condition of said vehicle. I'v eheard rumor of someone getting fired after taking a whiz near the dock plate, in the area where we scotch trailers, again justified.

I say let the punishment fit the crime. Not a real smart thing to do to a trash can , really stupid but i dont think firing the guy over that was the thing to do. Time off with no pay would have been better. And none of us knows what the dude may have been going through. He among us with out sin cast the first stone.

Come to think of it i aint never done(whizzing in a trashcan) that either.LOL. But i still say he did not deserved to be fired over it. Should some be sent to the gallows for say.......... stealing a pack of gum? Get what i am saying?It was overkill on avrt's part but they are real good at that. And why does the standard answer always have to be go somewhere else if you dont like it at avrt? Why cant they (corp gearheads ) ever say "lets see what can be done to fix the problem" And as far as the raises, i bet the mngt got raises. And dont think they did not, because i have seen the other side of avrt mngt up close and i know for a fact they do. Dont kid yourself. Every little cent they squeeze out of a driver is a dollar in thier pocket. C'mom folks are you really that blind to what goes on? I really dont think there are any dummies here at TB.

While at NAS this week, I heard that Averitt bought controlling intrest in AAA Cooper, Why in the world would AVRT do that, Our OLD equipment is better than their NEW equipment.

Let me go out in my yard rock hunting, cause I aint never tinkled in a trash can.:LMAO:
I've cooled off a tire out on the road before.

As for this supervisor in DAL, I have heard of him chewing a guys butt out over the fact that he was wearing an AE t-shirt. The driver taking the chewing was hooked to a load and had to endure this clown's rantings for 45 minutes. Was this a smart hill to die on while delaying 30 bills for 45 minutes? I think not.

He may have been right in the peepee can controversy. The bottom line is that this over-zealous supervisor is a royal jerk; trashcan or not.

So when ill we bid again? By the way it was originally designed, when we went to bi-annual bids, we should have been beginning our 2nd full week of the new bids. However...........

Not going to surprise you guys but, I kind of like the way it has landed now. My reasoning is with the new schedules planned to start in May will allow freight to pick-up to a more stable level, thus when our Fall schedules come around we will be ready to settle in for the Winter. In the past when I would bid extra board I would starve the first six weeks of the bid in March. Seems to make it a more "peak" and "off peak" bid schedule.

This bidding is all new stuff to me, guess it doesnt matter, I have a year before my time kicks in, bottom of the list and still getting over 50 hrs without working saturday is ok with me. I have to admit, having the option to work on a saturday, always having sunday off has been nice with my changes. I'm supposed to jump from number 45 up to the top 20 when my year is up, will that really make a difference in bids?