Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

Business is Business

One day at kindergarten the teacher said to the class of 5-year-olds, "I'll give $10 to the child who can tell me who was the most famous man who ever lived.

"A little Irish boy put his hand up and said, "It was St. Patrick.

"The teacher said, "I'm sorry Sean, that's not correct..

"Then a little Scottish boy put his hand up and said, "It was St. Andrew."

The teacher replied, "I'm sorry, Hamish, that's not right either.

"Finally a little Jewish boy raised his hand and said, "It was Jesus Christ."

The teacher said, "That's absolutely right, Marvin. Come up here and I'll give you the $10."

As the teacher was giving Marvin his money, she said, "You know, Marvin, since you're Jewish, I was very surprised you said 'Jesus Christ.'

"Marvin replied, "Yeah. In my heart, I knew it was Moses -- but business is business."

Very good! And very funny.

Hey you like religious jokes Lifer? I got one for ya!

Question: How many non-believers does it take to change a light bulb? Answer:....change?!

How many Pentecostals does it take to change a light bulb? 10, one to change it and 9 others to pray against the spirit of darkness.

How many TV evangelists does it take to change a light bulb? One. But for the message of hope to continue to go forth, send in your donation today.

Before the opinion is formed that I am an atheist, let me set the record straight. I tend to believe more down the lines of the Jewish faith, I don't attend services ever, whereas many millions of people attend organized religious services, I choose not to because I think organized religion is a ruse and can find much more pleasing and entertaining ways to spend my time, I don't think Jesus was/is the end all and be all and no matter how many chapters of "historical" (and I say that with major tongue in cheek) writings you can provide, it does not make it so...if it makes YOU happy, by all means go for it but don't try and cram it down others throats because 99 times out of a hundred, the other person does not want to hear it (like me), I believe there is a god/higher being that created heaven and earth and will choose to believe what I believe inside myself, not dumping a set percentage of my salary in some plate somewhere.

All of you good people go out and practice as you see fit. Spend thousands of dollars doing it. Go for it. I choose to do otherwise and we can agree that if it makes you happy, have fun and enjoy but don't cram either belief down the others throat. That is what I detest.

Let me begin by apologizing if I came across as cramming my relationship with Jesus down any ones's throat. My heart was once black and cold as ice, I cared for no one but myself. That changed on April 11, 1991. Every since then I have a supernatural love for people and I am compelled to give them a reason for my hope, 1 Peter 3:15 "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect." Granted no one has asked why I see things so much differently than others, I have a longing to see my friends share the same outlook on life as I do. I pray daily for my friends on this site, Facebook and the circle of people I hang around. May I ask this question to you folks reading this? Do you have peace? I mean do you lay your head on the pillow and fall fast asleep? Do the world events, politics, the economy, your work environment saturate your mind? Do you make folks miserable when they are around you? Have your old friends quit answering the phone? This is my last reply on this subject, I cannot be forced to lose my joy and happiness, and it appears that I cannot coerce anyone into living a life that is full of joy and not shaken by the worldly influences around us, that is not my job. My prayer is that it is not too late for some of my friends,Romans 1:28
"And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done" and verse 18 " For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth." These verses tell us that God will not beg anyone, and there is a time limit meaning that He will give up and that person turns cold and has no chance of avoiding the horrific events that is promised to those who reject Him. But I have done what I am called to do and that is all I can do. I have friends that I graduated with whom I try to share the gospel with, who knew me when I was living like h#@$, drinking, chasing women, and living for the devil, but they turn a deaf ear. They have such a negative attitude on everything, never have I heard a positive comment from their lips. Their seek hope in the bottom of a beer can, trying to numb the pain. It saddens me to no end. But anywho, once again I'm sorry if I came across to strong, but it's only because I care, truly care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ICE...I respect your convictions stay true to them. God and I have our own thing going, we keep it between ourselves!

Let me begin by apologizing if I came across as cramming my relationship with Jesus down any ones's throat. My heart was once black and cold as ice, I cared for no one but myself. That changed on April 11, 1991. Every since then I have a supernatural love for people and I am compelled to give them a reason for my hope, 1 Peter 3:15 "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect." Granted no one has asked why I see things so much differently than others, I have a longing to see my friends share the same outlook on life as I do. I pray daily for my friends on this site, Facebook and the circle of people I hang around. May I ask this question to you folks reading this? Do you have peace? I mean do you lay your head on the pillow and fall fast asleep? Do the world events, politics, the economy, your work environment saturate your mind? Do you make folks miserable when they are around you? Have your old friends quit answering the phone? This is my last reply on this subject, I cannot be forced to lose my joy and happiness, and it appears that I cannot coerce anyone into living a life that is full of joy and not shaken by the worldly influences around us, that is not my job. My prayer is that it is not too late for some of my friends,Romans 1:28
"And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done" and verse 18 " For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth." These verses tell us that God will beg anyone, and there is a time limit meaning that He will give up and that person turns cold and has no chance of avoiding the horrific events that is promised to those who reject Him. But I have done what I am called to do and that is all I can do. I have friends that I graduated with whom I try to share the gospel with, who knew me when I was living like h#@$, drinking, chasing women, and living for the devil, but they turn a deaf ear. They have such a negative attitude on everything, never have I heard a positive comment from their lips. Their seek hope in the bottom of a beer can, trying to numb the pain. It saddens me to no end. But anywho, once again I'm sorry if I came across to strong, but it's only because I care, truly care.

I'm glad you had some kind of epiphany in 1991. I don't know and don't ever intend to have this blinding light shine on me that I see others talk about when they can quote some date they had this whatever it is. I went to Disney World in 1996 and remember that year as a Disney anniversary.

You have quoted some verses here but I don't read them...they are senseless and meaningless to me. I am so sorry that you see drinking beer as "living for the devil". I don't see it that way, especially since the last time that I looked, beer is a legal product in this country, even though the bible thumpers would like nothing better than to get rid of it.

I have been married for over 30 years, enjoy drinking beer, have held a steady job for all that time, don't need to chase women and there is absolutely zero pain to numb in my body. To think that I had to be controlled like a robot by some un-proven philosophy or another before I could make a move to do anything at all, spend endless hours on missions and plate passing sounds absolutely depressing to me.

I like my life and wouldn't change a thing.

Well Happy New Year to all of my fellow Proletarians ! ! ! !

The rumor mill has it that the Bourgeois are telling us that they will add some tandem daycabs to our outdated/old/worn out/ fleet in 2012. And many will believe every little word they say! :438: :wtflol: :Omg_I_gets_present_

Happy New Year ! Heard the same about new trucks, I have a couple of guys who are in Nashville daily and will keep me posted at first hint of new equipment !

Rumor mill is still hot about "New trucks" coming into the system. All I see new is a bunch of sleeper trucks which we could 100% operate without. But the the level of incompetence (in the name of Pam R.) in central dispatch, this will never change until this person has a paradigm shift.

I am sick of seeing all the waste that is sleeper trucks. Sell them, and the drivers that drive them, to First Fleet. Your single shuttle drivers can easily move it all...on time!

Our number one driver has seen them in Nashville, Volvo's. They are being spec'd in a separate location to free up yard space, mine is for sure on trade list, told to expect one soon, will keep posted.

They yanked mine in September with 830k...still ran like a top. Have been in a Freightliner ever since and my back and my a$$ can attest to the fact that they are junk. If our fearless leader will allow new Volvos into our yard (this clown won't want any because he takes a big hit on his bonus check), I will be in one soon as it arrives.

I had to drive our newest Freightliner last night, clean truck, but I next time I will drive our nastiest Volvo. The crappiest Volvo is better than the best Freightliner.

:wavey:
Rumor mill is still hot about "New trucks" coming into the system. All I see new is a bunch of sleeper trucks which we could 100% operate without. But the the level of incompetence (in the name of Pam R.) in central dispatch, this will never change until this person has a paradigm shift.

I am sick of seeing all the waste that is sleeper trucks. Sell them, and the drivers that drive them, to First Fleet. Your single shuttle drivers can easily move it all...on time!

Must be that time of year again, Lifer ragging on bedroom trucks and their drivers....go take a nap old timer, things will be better when you wake up!

I would'nt swap my nice comfy Cascadia for ANY POS Volvo. Avrt buying Volvo's is the defination of insanity...doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Any Volvo's built since 2003 are the biggest piles of DOG CRAP ever concieved by man.