Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

Do you ever wash your uniforms? Do they pay you to do that? They give us uniforms but we must keep them clean. Same difference. I will not roll down the road in a nasty truck, even if I had a pink Freightliner, she would be clean, in and out.

And I write off the cost of that laundry every year on my income taxes. Sick of these hot red shirts. Want the blue back but know they are too invested in the red to change. As for dirty as long as they don't smell, the dirt and grease can stay on the uniforms. No concern to me. I'm not in the "impression making" business.

More from the rumor mill. I had a JMS driver tell me that the combo dock pay had been reduced in JMS to $18.55 per hour. If this is the case that is a bunch of BS. They should yell and scream to corporate about this unfair move. If they go to another facility they make the regular dock pay...not in JMS.

That's their fault, 20.00 an hour for a tow motor jockey isn't bad. It's never too late to quit once they find out the pay difference. We've seen many TL drivers go back to TL realizing home daily isn't as sweet as they thought.

That's their fault, 20.00 an hour for a tow motor jockey isn't bad. It's never too late to quit once they find out the pay difference. We've seen many TL drivers go back to TL realizing home daily isn't as sweet as they thought.

I agree it's their fault, you always look before you leap. I moved to combo 5 years ago and never regretted it.

I heard it many times in my early career.
There was a certain HR person that used that phrase in a driver meeting and said "If you don't like it, QUIT". This caused an outrage and he was called on it. He had to personally call all drivers that were in attendance when he said it and apologize to them. With the shallow thinking that is pervasive throughout the upper echelons of this outfit, this is a phrase that they default to when they get asked a question that they can't answer or that they have been instructed to avoid answering; a dodge if you will.

Ok here's a good one. All our new auto daycabs, both makes have low pro tires. I was told that the shop will phase out all high pro tires and replace with low pros. Auto's only have the low pro's, my 10 speed has 11R/22.5, the new ones have 295/72/22.5's. That also will include a computer reprogram, anyone hearing this? I know SEFL has done something similar.I might have my numbers jungled up.

I doubt it....Going to a different size tire...would cost more money....keeping those tires in stock....then the issue of 5th wheel height....thats why everything in the rolling fleet is 11r/22.5.

Ok here's a good one. All our new auto daycabs, both makes have low pro tires. I was told that the shop will phase out all high pro tires and replace with low pros. Auto's only have the low pro's, my 10 speed has 11R/22.5, the new ones have 295/72/22.5's. That also will include a computer reprogram, anyone hearing this? I know SEFL has done something similar.I might have my numbers jungled up.
Our shop foreman was talking to the tire supplier this past week while I was in the office talking to him. He told the tire distributor "I'm just giving you a heads up that AE was going to low profile tires, starting with the steers and that the tire distributor will not be out of the loop, just a heads up". As for reprogramming, I haven't a clue. So I guess it is coming.

I pulled one of the new trailers this week with the skirts on the sides and was spring ride. Had 31k on it and actually rode pretty good. 51-7xxx.

Hey CM, any hubbub on when shuttle will go to electronic logs? I assume it will NOT be until all old daycabs are replaced and we all have new style qualcomm.

I asked if I could and was told that not until all are trained on using them and the office can read them, so no I haven't heard of when that will happen. I'm all for it personally, less paperwork and save at least 45 minutes a week logging.

Jeepman did you miss me saying ALL new auto daycabs have lo pro's from the factory?
Must of....since they are strecthing pennies.....I wonder why they would go thru the trouble of stocking 2 different style of 22.5 tires. BTW wait till you get on wet roads or slushy ice roads with those puppies. Food grade outfits have been running them for years! I'd stick with the 11r22.5

I asked if I could and was told that not until all are trained on using them and the office can read them, so no I haven't heard of when that will happen. I'm all for it personally, less paperwork and save at least 45 minutes a week logging.

WHEN I went to electronic logs,over two years ago...I received.......0 training....got a copy of a copy of the instructions......Gee the office can't read a computor screen....maybe they should go over to truckload dispatch and check them out....BTW a number of the dedicated folks are not using them.....care to take a guess why not!

Once you log on duty....your clock does not stop.....you got 14hrs.....unless you got a sleeper truck and take a 8hr break in the bunk....thats the only way to stop the 14hr clock. Maybe ....GOD FORBID.....The RACER drivers should get with a T/L driver to see how to use electronic logs!

WHEN I went to electronic logs,over two years ago...I received.......0 training....got a copy of a copy of the instructions......Gee the office can't read a computor screen....maybe they should go over to truckload dispatch and check them out....BTW a number of the dedicated folks are not using them.....care to take a guess why not!

Similar to how I learned the new Qualcomm..zero training....it's called common sense and actually is quite easy. There is a cheat sheet for the qualcomm in most new tractors.

Must of....since they are strecthing pennies.....I wonder why they would go thru the trouble of stocking 2 different style of 22.5 tires. BTW wait till you get on wet roads or slushy ice roads with those puppies. Food grade outfits have been running them for years! I'd stick with the 11r22.5
They are starting out with the steers and after they build up the stock they will go to drives and trailers. Frankly, I am surprised they aren't converting to super singles.