Averitt | Rumor Mill, Let's hear it !

Do you think they will try to stop the bleeding by having a different pay scale in the larger metro areas.

It would not surprise me at anything they may do. Totally out of touch with reality.

I know hindsight is 20/20 but had I stayed at my previous company and not come over here, I would be getting 6 weeks paid vacation, paid for everything ( sitting and waiting, traffic delays, fueling, breakdowns, etc.) and most likely would have been retired and drawing a monthly retirement check (and I am still going to get that retirement from them even after leaving over 20 years ago).

Here the max is 3 weeks (and they think they are making a HUGE sacrifice by giving that how about those absence points?!!!....RIDICULOUS) and there is no increase in sight.

They don't get it and they never will get it. Let's not forget that these are the same rocket scientists that bought thousands of new spring ride trailers. That should tell you all you need to know right there.

RUMOR?? or Reality?
It was recently announced that there had been talks in Cookeville with the same people who put cameras in Conway's trucks, no one said that we would or would not get them, but it was announced that the talks were there...... anyone heard the same/different?
I also heard that conway's drivers had been told that the cameras had been used to show the driver was innocent in 3 different fatality accidents that were somewhat questionable without the cameras, preventing lawsuits and settlements, that's a big incentive to get a company to buy into them. Is there a reason a company wouldn't want them?

RUMOR?? or Reality?
It was recently announced that there had been talks in Cookeville with the same people who put cameras in Conway's trucks, no one said that we would or would not get them, but it was announced that the talks were there...... anyone heard the same/different?
I also heard that conway's drivers had been told that the cameras had been used to show the driver was innocent in 3 different fatality accidents that were somewhat questionable without the cameras, preventing lawsuits and settlements, that's a big incentive to get a company to buy into them. Is there a reason a company wouldn't want them?

I've worked for two companies that had them. Within months of hearing the first rumor, every truck in the fleet had them.

The day my truck gets one of those cameras is the day I turn in my badge. That is big brother gestapo tactics and I won't tolerate it. Don't need some cookevegas clown watching me and listening in to my conversation with anyone.

I don't have problem with camera's especially if they save my job. But I have NOT been in that position yet to where I needed video proof. I wouldn't have to change anything about how I drive just because I'm on video. I would just suck it up and keep on keeping on, I've got 20 more years until retirement and this would not be a game changer at all for me.

I work for Conway guys... If you have any questions about the cameras, ask away. I'll give you the truth about them.

I don't have problem with camera's especially if they save my job. But I have NOT been in that position yet to where I needed video proof. I wouldn't have to change anything about how I drive just because I'm on video. I would just suck it up and keep on keeping on, I've got 20 more years until retirement and this would not be a game changer at all for me.

See I think if a guy took a bit of a candy bar, burger, picked up a drink then 10 secs later had to hit the brakes to avoid something............. I think that would be a major issue. A guy with a blue tooth on suddenly having to lock up his brakes..... would they say "had his attention not been diverted or in a conversation"...... I think AE is preparing for such when wording in the employee handbook says AE reserves the right to use recording devices, and we should expect no privacy and so on and on

Once again, it IS a game changer for me. I don't need a camera to save my a$$. I have some measure of privacy and AE has ZERO right to infringe on that, their truck or not. If it comes, I'm done.

Once again, it IS a game changer for me. I don't need a camera to save my a$$. I have some measure of privacy and AE has ZERO right to infringe on that, their truck or not. If it comes, I'm done.

I hope the senior guys ahead of me are thinking like you Lifer, I could stand to gain a few positions :)

I hope the senior guys ahead of me are thinking like you Lifer, I could stand to gain a few positions :)

I've seen many a driver quit because a the company installed cameras. Common misconception is that they are always watching. They are not. The cameras did not affect my driving habits at all, in fact, they only kept me more honest.

I'm with Iceman on this one. Makes no difference to me whatsoever. I just purchased a dash cam to use in my tractor to protect me from the ambulance chasers.

I've seen many a driver quit because a the company installed cameras. Common misconception is that they are always watching. They are not. The cameras did not affect my driving habits at all, in fact, they only kept me more honest.

Honest, are you a thief...(juss yankin' your chain driver) If they want to look at me driving all day, OK... I'm good with that..

I'm with Iceman on this one. Makes no difference to me whatsoever. I just purchased a dash cam to use in my tractor to protect me from the ambulance chasers.

I don't mind if they are forward facing. I'm about to buy myself one of those for MY protection anyway. But add "driver view" and audio? I draw the line there.