Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

We heard one days pay per WEEK!!
But that went from a guys wife (who read it online and called her husband) through him to me so it may have gotten changed in translation.
And I agree that one days pay per month is not that big. But on top of everything else it would p me off if I was in their position.

Hey wait a minute I was in that position.
And it did p me off

I found it on Yahoo finance. I don't know how to post the link. I furlough day per month=just about a 5% pay cut which I find hard to believe. I think the union guys took a harder hit. They say we took a 15% pay cut and no pension for 18 months(which they weren't even paying in to at the time) THEN.....after that the health and welfare imposed new co-pays and such. I feel bad for anyone who has had to go thru this, but it is not even-steven. Sorry to say.

Rumor or Fact??

I heard that since the non union companies were cutting freight rates 90 percent to try to take business away from YRCW that Hoffa was going to use money out of the strike fund and put laid off teamsters at every non union companies gates with cards and flyers asking the men to sighn up and join the union.

I heard that since the non union companies were cutting freight rates 90 percent to try to take business away from YRCW that Hoffa was going to use money out of the strike fund and put laid off teamsters at every non union companies gates with cards and flyers asking the men to sighn up and join the union.

that is for sure a rumor, he wouldn't try to but the union and organize it too!

I could believe UPS would buy us, they would use Overnite as long haul like fedex has national ltl and use Holland, Reddaway and New Penn as regionals, maybe just wishful thinking.

I could believe UPS would buy us, they would use Overnite as long haul like fedex has national ltl and use Holland, Reddaway and New Penn as regionals, maybe just wishful thinking.

very wishful as we have been worthless on paper for numerous years. they couldnt give us away right now.

So very true Shoe, the price of pencils are killing off the profit's, lol.

thats my point benny,and nothing we are going to do or think is going to change it anymore. the days of calling mike g for wasteful operational procedures are over. no one in local, middle or top managment cares, because no one at holland makes any change or decision.

very wishful as we have been worthless on paper for numerous years. they couldnt give us away right now.

I am sure the pencil pushers at UPS know Holland's history well enough to know that we are making money, and YRC is taking it all, why else would we be working? Because, YRC likes us? :roll1: I am sure they would like to get us, especially with their battle against FedEx going on. I just don't ever see YRC letting us out from under their money vacuum. I pray that I am wrong.

I am sure the pencil pushers at UPS know Holland's history well enough to know that we are making money, and YRC is taking it all, why else would we be working? Because, YRC likes us? :roll1: I am sure they would like to get us, especially with their battle against FedEx going on. I just don't ever see YRC letting us out from under their money vacuum. I pray that I am wrong.
I'm not sure about your logic. Its pretty much been said that we at YRC ain't making money and they are keeping us going. If Hollands that profitable why not just shut YRC down? It could be as you say, cause they hav'nt sucked enough out of us either. Don't know what their thinking anymore.