Holland | Rumor or Fact, you be the judge.

Not really looking forward to unemployment. But I will say this......There is life after YRCW/Holland. We'll all survive.

You are right!!!:grouphug:

I am still alive and surviving just fine.:Omg_I_gets_present_
I was on lay off for most of last summer ( January to October ) when YRCW closed our terminal. I do miss the work compared to what I do now and the money.:Violin:

But as you said life does go on and we all will survive.

Not really looking forward to unemployment. But I will say this......There is life after YRCW/Holland. We'll all survive.

You are right!!!:grouphug:

I am still alive and surviving just fine.:Omg_I_gets_present_
I was on lay off for most of last summer ( January to October ) when YRCW closed our terminal. I do miss the work compared to what I do now and the money.:Violin:

But as you said life does go on and we all will survive.
If they were to shut us down, nobody can say that they didn't expect it, or that they didn't have time to dump some payments, etc. etc. We have had a couple years of this gloom and doom, hanging on by a thread, atmosphere. So everyone should have started preparing for the worse. I think that most have. The ones that didn't prepare will be the ones that suffer the most afterwards.

OK here is as good a rumor as I have heard in a while.

YRC and the Teamsters have been meeting and are close to a deal. Lenders are demanding that YRC get 350 mil a year in concessions from the Teamsters. This will be done by YRC going back into the pension only at 1/3 of the rate called for in the NMFA and the rest will be made up by cutting line haul and city guarantees

BoardCentral: Messages for YRCW (YRC Worldwide)

OK here is as good a rumor as I have heard in a while.

YRC and the Teamsters have been meeting and are close to a deal. Lenders are demanding that YRC get 350 mil a year in concessions from the Teamsters. This will be done by YRC going back into the pension only at 1/3 of the rate called for in the NMFA and the rest will be made up by cutting line haul and city guarantees

BoardCentral: Messages for YRCW (YRC Worldwide)
Good find BP.

One of the three entities that have to agree to this "deal" is the membership. I say they can KISS IT! And whatever the consequences are, I'm willing to accept. I'm tired of going backwards. Nobody goes through their career hoping to lose more pay/benefits. I'm willing to take my skills to another Company if that is the consequences.

Good find BP.

One of the three entities that have to agree to this "deal" is the membership. I say they can KISS IT! And whatever the consequences are, I'm willing to accept. I'm tired of going backwards. Nobody goes through their career hoping to lose more pay/benefits. I'm willing to take my skills to another Company if that is the consequences.

:1036316054::1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

It's just another chat forum. One persons rumors and opinions. Not a good find in my book. It would be in the "Rumors" forum on TB if I were to post something like that!

It's just another chat forum. One persons rumors and opinions. Not a good find in my book. It would be in the "Rumors" forum on TB if I were to post something like that!

But you are the...Modulator. :biglaugh: That wouldn't happen!!!!!
:Rulz::duh:

That's because everything you post is hog wash!:biglaugh: Just messin' with ya Bro.

I was assuming that it came from an article, but after further review, it looks like it may have just been another genius chatting. Who knows?:shrug:

Umm....look up to the top of this page at the title of this thread. First word "Rumor". That is why I posted it here. Anything in this thread should be assumed to be an outright lie until it actually happens. I didn't think it was a good find either just a good rumor. Maybe even a realistic guess on what will really happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meeting in Texas last week ended with union saying no to YRC proposal on return to full wages but delaying pension payments for another year. Next meeting has not been set up as of yet. Rumors of partial insurance payments by members is just rumor BS.

Meeting in Texas last week ended with union saying no to YRC proposal on return to full wages but delaying pension payments for another year. Next meeting has not been set up as of yet. Rumors of partial insurance payments by members is just rumor BS.
What meeting in Texas? KK says that there is no such meeting going on. Nothing to report yet. I'm going with KK's report.

If you look at the letter that was sent to the members it told about the committies which were going to meet with YRC and negotiate the 15% and the suspended pension payments. In that letter it tells who were placed on the negoiating committies. From local #135 , president Danny B. was listed. The committee met in Texas as I posted. This is not to be confused with the two man committies that will meet if and when the negotiating committee comes to a solution. Many were spreading rumors about the two-men meetings which can't happen until a proposal is agreeded on by the negoiating committee.Seems some members don't understand two-man (usually the president and recording secretary) committees go and are given info on the agreement to be taken back to the members AFTER the negoiating committee settles with the company These are two different type of meetings that are not usually held at the same time as one could understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected