XPO | Rumors

teamsterwannaB

TB Veteran
Credits
The sky is falling, The sky is falling, OK so the dust hasn`t settled yet from our recent purchase, But come on a hostler hooking sets, RIGHT lets see how many drivers pull 2 now how many pull trips? and how many hostlers are at that big FAC 5? Ever seen a CFI driver? I am waiting on the day they help us move freight on the dock! I don`t think they will be sitting drivers at home while we pay our new drivers 30 some cents a mile. Yes it will be cheaper for a CFI driver than a BIG DOG to run the freight, but this is nothing new look at XBV running all that FRT up north by long boxes, WHY? Think of how many sets we would send to XOT when not that much comes back out of the North land. This recent purchase may or may not be a good idea, I will wait and see but the old rule goes if ya can`t beat em, join em and its not like the competition isn`t doing it too,Heck I am still waiting on the day I go into work and find out FedEX bought us too. But wait a minute, when I want the news I just look at the boards, you will find out here before our S.C.M tells youabout it!

its simply amazing how drivers get all worked up over rumors and conspiracy theories. ever since the announcment was made that we purchased CFI the black helicopers have been hovering over every fac and terminal in the country.
this aquisition is going to be a good thing for conway. they are opening up many more avenues of freight service that we otherwise would never have had.

its simply amazing how drivers get all worked up over rumors and conspiracy theories. ever since the announcment was made that we purchased CFI the black helicopers have been hovering over every fac and terminal in the country.
this aquisition is going to be a good thing for conway. they are opening up many more avenues of freight service that we otherwise would never have had.
Heck I thought them there helicopters were dragonflies!:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I very much value investments and this one is a douzy.

As pointed out by elvis in another thread, it costs 3/4 of a billion dollars but yet they feel a need to not fund our pension any longer and to wack what were once good medical benefits.

Conway could probably continue to do what it does best for the next 50 years, therefore I don't see necessary investment/benefit in terms of job security or company health. All I see is benefit for the stockholder - Their primary responsibility. And as directed, we are paying for it.

I very much value investments and this one is a douzy.

As pointed out by elvis in another thread, it costs 3/4 of a billion dollars but yet they feel a need to not fund our pension any longer and to wack what were once good medical benefits.

Conway could probably continue to do what it does best for the next 50 years, therefore I don't see necessary investment/benefit in terms of job security or company health. All I see is benefit for the stockholder - Their primary responsibility. And as directed, we are paying for it.
Yes and just for the heck of it I am going to check what CFI is going to bring to the table for us!

I just hope they don't go in there and start changing a bunch of stuff. Trying to run it the way they "tried" to run truckload...3x's. If they go screwing with those over-the-road drivers they'll find themselves right where truckload is...once again, and they'll be sending CFI KW's the our barns for use in line-haul.

I just hope they don't go in there and start changing a bunch of stuff. Trying to run it the way they "tried" to run truckload...3x's. If they go screwing with those over-the-road drivers they'll find themselves right where truckload is...once again, and they'll be sending CFI KW's the our barns for use in line-haul.
for some reason this wonderful company cannot get this truckload thing right. Maybe its becuase we are an LTL carrier! I know they have just as many happy drivers about this purchase as I am. I wonder how much additional freight this will bring, or if it will just hurt profits, ICP, ect.

11hr dedicated runs. 5 days a week. XMI to XGH, 13hrs off, XGH to XMI. NRM to XNW. XSN to XLU. XHG to NAT. Ect. ect. Do the math, there's hundreds of examples. Press on

We can make up some of that 3/4 of a billion dollars by selling some of our pups 'cause we won't be needing as many.

Linehaul is ALWAYS looking for ways to cut runs. By the end of the year I think that daytime linehaul runs are going to be gone. At our terminal we service XMP to XPB and XLF on daytime and night linehaul. why wouldn't they put it on long boxes again and eliminate 5 daytime runs and 4 night time runs? Thats 9 jobs gone to accomplish the same frieght movement. I heard our T.M say that the Big Con makes 1 $ per pound on the long boxes. If they wasn't making big money using sub service they wouldn't be using them. Wheres that money at when it comes to the I.C.P. ???????

today is my last day i quit **** ccx the dumb ::shit:: heads

Based on your profile, I would think a gay lot lizard could find work anywhere. But I am surprised that Conway did not develop a separate pay scale for you.

i heard that ccx is going out of bussiness and we did not buy them they bought us

Starting rumors can be fun, but they need to be plausible to have a chance at survival.

Example;
That Conway would cut medical benefits and cease to fund our pension. Or that past behavior could be indicative of the future.

Now see, this kind of rumor would never fly.

Linehaul is ALWAYS looking for ways to cut runs. By the end of the year I think that daytime linehaul runs are going to be gone. At our terminal we service XMP to XPB and XLF on daytime and night linehaul. why wouldn't they put it on long boxes again and eliminate 5 daytime runs and 4 night time runs? Thats 9 jobs gone to accomplish the same frieght movement. I heard our T.M say that the Big Con makes 1 $ per pound on the long boxes. If they wasn't making big money using sub service they wouldn't be using them. Wheres that money at when it comes to the I.C.P. ???????
Ram I cannot answer where the ICP money is going but if we cut day line mr luckey would have to go in the city or go on nights. I would love to see #2 do either one and see what he thinks of his company then, Hell I can hear the crying all the way in Illinois!