rumors

Just wanted to know if any of you guys have heard sysco looking at buying pfg.

I haven't heard that one, my trans mgr and I were talking and he said he wished he could tell me some of the stuff that was going down, in a good way, I didn't press the issue because I know he can't say anything, I told him I guess I'll see it when it happens, that would be pretty sweet, but it would be costly, I guess Sysco has that kind of money, I can't even imagine what they would have to pay.

Just wondering gt I heard it might be in the works.
I was told dip for us will be in august and was told be would be on a flat mileage pay.

Just wondering gt I heard it might be in the works.
I was told dip for us will be in august and was told be would be on a flat mileage pay.

Nothing would surprise me, you know, I never paid much attention to dip, after ABC I made my money by the hour, I never really tried for dip, I could make more hourly, one of the delivery drivers was talking the other morning when I got in and was saying dip had changed again, I asked him if it was for the better and he said he didn't know yet.

I would love to see us buy PFG though, they did put in the cameras, just like us, we shall see I guess!

I love rumors! ;)

Sysco really wants to buy Mclane or at least the foodservice division. An article said sysco would have to pay top dollar for pfg.

Sysco will probably try and buy everyone so there would be no competition. The only way I will get back into Foodservice is if GFS moves into mn or I can work out of a shuttle yard. Preferably Maines Foodservice so I can get a international lonestar someday lol

Sysco really wants to buy Mclane or at least the foodservice division. An article said sysco would have to pay top dollar for pfg.

I'm sure they would have to pay top dollar, but they would get all the broadline plus the customized div to integrate into Sygma, plus the Roma side, it would be a swell move if they have or can get the cash to do it. Buying Mclane would get them a customized div to add to Sygma and not much else, PFG would be the better move for getting more if the price isn't to steep for their pocket book.

Mclane has some huge contracts. If you took away their YUM brands contract there foodservice division would be finished. Seems like most new restaurants are all chains and thats you can really grow. Sysco did 42 billion in sales and only has 19% market share.

Mclane has some huge contracts. If you took away their YUM brands contract there foodservice division would be finished. Seems like most new restaurants are all chains and thats you can really grow. Sysco did 42 billion in sales and only has 19% market share.

Your right, it could really add to the customized side (Sygma), but with PFG we would get the broadline, customized, and the italian specialized which is Roma, even though Roma and PFG,
(actually PFS now), are one, makes me wonder if they would be absorbed into Sygma or if they would be a stand alone opco, the italian side that is.

Man this is fun, have I said how much I love rumors?!

On the flip side you could keep the money and just win the contracts and grow the operation as you choose. Look at reinhart they doubled in size in a couple years and most of that wasn't broadline i believe. MBM would have been a great pick up for sygma, Or still could be with mclane.

On the flip side you could keep the money and just win the contracts and grow the operation as you choose. Look at reinhart they doubled in size in a couple years and most of that wasn't broadline i believe. MBM would have been a great pick up for sygma, Or still could be with mclane.

Thats an idea, we could take MBM and Mclane! I don't know how your operation is but I'm of the opinion we need broadline growth here. You know Mclane would give us Pizza hut and KFC to name a couple MBM would yield Burger King, Golden Corral, I say if we are gonna do it, do it big, forget buying up mom and pop operations so to speak, lets go for the big guns!

MBM also has Arbys and hardees,carls jr. Mclane already owns mbm

I didn't know that Mclane owned MBM, thanks for the info Brother Money, around here all the Arbys belong to Sygma, I don't know who does Wendys, I never see a truck delivering there. We used to do Red Robbin, then they changed over to Sygma, still in the family but that was a pretty good delivery for us.

GFS does red Robin up here. I know upper lakes Foodservice does wendys up here. Or Atleast they use to. GFS was taking alot of accounts from sysco.

GFS does red Robin up here. I know upper lakes Foodservice does wendys up here. Or Atleast they use to. GFS was taking alot of accounts from sysco.

I'll bet GFS takes alot of accounts from everyone, they seem like a well run company hearing you talk about them, not to mention happy employees.