ADuiePyle | Run times/Rest breaks

Steveo2486

Sure Why Not
Credits
So I just want to say since the August l/h video things have been under more of a microscope then I remembered in which case I was told today that if I forget to enter or call in any run-time related delays (this is not stopping for coffee delays) but traffic/accidents etc. that I would receive a write up because it would be my 3rd offense not calling it in. Now with that being said why the hell do you even need me to call or enter a delay when your telling me I was doing 2mph on 78 at whatever time for 40 min and I didn't even recall the construction delay until they said that. I mean obviously you have the ability to monitor everything I'm doing why do I need to cause more of a delay to pull over and call or message you every time there's a backup

If you're paid hourly spend the 15 minutes it takes to get off the highway to a safe parking spot, make the call and have back at it. While you're stopped you may as well hit the bathroom too. And don't forget to log the stop.

If you're paid hourly spend the 15 minutes it takes to get off the highway to a safe parking spot, make the call and have back at it. While you're stopped you may as well hit the bathroom too. And don't forget to log the stop.
What he said!! . :1036316054:

Well yes I agree but in the same breath I personally don't prefer to work that way where I'm wasting more time being unproductive just because I have to call for delays and yes I should just (give them what they want) so to speak and take my time pull over and call it in but it's hard for me to be like that I'm wired to go...go...go and get the work done but others feel as you do and I can't say you or them are wrong

Well yes I agree but in the same breath I personally don't prefer to work that way where I'm wasting more time being unproductive just because I have to call for delays and yes I should just (give them what they want) so to speak and take my time pull over and call it in but it's hard for me to be like that I'm wired to go...go...go and get the work done but others feel as you do and I can't say you or them are wrong
I can relate to that, I used to be that way myself but ABF cured me of that afliction.

You gotta play their game. Either way take your time. Sure don't miss getting messages telling me good job getting in and out of your meet point in 15 minutes.

I guess so but I have a feeling that the only reason I'm even discussing this has nothing to do with me not calling in for delays but more to do with an individual I do not see eye to eye with

I guess so but I have a feeling that the only reason I'm even discussing this has nothing to do with me not calling in for delays but more to do with an individual I do not see eye to eye with
If he's the same guy who took over line haul dispatch earlier this year then I couldn't agree more.

Aaaaaaa OK. I have had those guys tell me that I am...an artist.

How

How long have u been in freight? A yrc guy told me its not a race but a marathon. Trust me you'll get in more trouble racing around & possibly getting into a sticky situation then being late on your arrivals. I always thought adp was a strict place 2 work. But when u follow protocol and perform safe behavior there's nothing they can do

How

How long have u been in freight? A yrc guy told me its not a race but a marathon. Trust me you'll get in more trouble racing around & possibly getting into a sticky situation then being late on your arrivals. I always thought adp was a strict place 2 work. But when u follow protocol and perform safe behavior there's nothing they can do
When I left at the end of April they were getting nitpicky. Their in a cost saving and efficiency mind set now. I don't care if a company wants to reasonably control costs. Their getting to crazy about it in some ways. Between the $35 a week health surcharge per adult if you don't participate in the wellness plan to telling us to be in and out of meet points in 15 minutes and now freezing their traditional pension at the end of the year their paying for their expansion at the cost of their employees. The people there are great but the new generation of ownership is taking them in a different direction.

The people there are great but the new generation of ownership is taking them in a different direction.
Isn't that the true American story? First generation builds it and feeds his family well with it. Then his three sons want to feed all of their families with it, if they survive there are then nine families feeding at the same trough that used to feed one family. The math is really pretty simple.

Isn't that the true American story? First generation builds it and feeds his family well with it. Then his three sons want to feed all of their families with it, if they survive there are then nine families feeding at the same trough that used to feed one family. The math is really pretty simple.
Do you remember your "gazintas"
eUritwM.jpg

Sadly it's like that everywhere to some extent and as far as me racing around that's not what I do I do no more than 5 over the speed and that's only on major highways that have 55 mph speed limits aside from that I don't race around and when you run the pa pike nightly the speed limit is 70 for most of where I am so it's pretty easy to not speed and beat run times

Steve O. How long have you been here? I have been on l/h little over 4 years now. With the company just over 8 years. Play the game. Make the call. Send the message. Basically get off the radar. The guys in dispatch are reasonable. And don't spew this BS of having to stop to contact central. If you are doing 2 mph, that is slow enough to send a message

When I worked there I never once ran into a problem with central over run times. Not once. If I ever got held up in a wreck (that I didn't go around) or delayed due to snow I made the call and always was told "no problem, buddy" because I always ran hard and they knew that. If you have integrity and aren't one of these guys who live in the truck stops you'll never hear a peep from dispatch. And as far as fifteen minutes to swap at a meet point: you sure as hell can do it. We all know that.

Lastly, this "paid by hour" system is to blame for negative results and late arrivals. The more time you waste, the more money you make. I've met plenty of guys who liked to "milk" the clock and they give everyone else a bad name, in my opinion.