ADuiePyle | Run times/Rest breaks

If memory serves, I am thinking in a handbook somewhere I read a policy concerning runtimes. There was a sliding scale. Any unreported excess time was reflected in a percentage of pay docked. I could be wrong. It may have been in Transports book. Dont know

And as far as fifteen minutes to swap at a meet point: you sure as hell can do it. We all know that.
Just because something can be done doesn't make it right, smart or legal. Mandating a proper pre and post prip in that time doesn't hold up. Have something unfortunate happen and watch the attorney vultures prey in you.

If memory serves, I am thinking in a handbook somewhere I read a policy concerning runtimes. There was a sliding scale. Any unreported excess time was reflected in a percentage of pay docked. I could be wrong. It may have been in Transports book. Dont know
They have suspended linehaul drivers who have stopped to take a safety break and still beat their run times. Accused them of stealing time. The fool supervisor at East Brunswick even threatened one of the drivers and told him he could make it from Buffalo to East Brunswick and then take his lunch. That got straightened out but where does their mind set come from.

They have suspended linehaul drivers who have stopped to take a safety break and still beat their run times. Accused them of stealing time. The fool supervisor at East Brunswick even threatened one of the drivers and told him he could make it from Buffalo to East Brunswick and then take his lunch. That got straightened out but where does their mind set come from.
I don't know but I'm sending messages on the regular now just to CMA but I don't understand how policies around here don't seem to change with technology upgrades. I mean isn't the market position of this company supposedly the best people using the best processes equipment and technology to deliver the best possible service?? Well the dock system is a liability since they only train guys to scan stickers most places and not even check or verify the freight is what it's proed as so that causes misloads. Secondly the q-comm is outdated on the P&D side with every pro having to be entered manually instead of just scanning the stuff and it populating the info itself which is 100X more efficient but I hear that's coming at some point. And lastly if you got all these trucks gps tracked then why the hell do drivers need to call in any kind of hold up or stop if they can see exactly what where and when you did it. So maybe I'm just beating my head against a wall here but so much of this makes little sense to me and what the hell does it matter if you stop to pee or get a coffee or something if you make your run time anyway..

Cant speak for the dock. I have not used the DMS yet. The old way was not checked against the packing slip. Think the p&d have to enter only on p/u. Can do the stop number upon dely. But yes, we are gps tracked thru the qcomm. Central does not monitor where you are as a rule. If there is an issue, then maybe some looking will be done. Keep in mind there are what , maybe 4 guys in the office at the most. Till around midnight they are dealing with the terminals etc. Plus around 250 l/h guys moving nightly. To look at a truck needs to be targeted

I agree with the targeting a truck or a driver specifically would be why they would look and I think late arrivals is a reason to look if no delay was mentioned or noted. However if they can see I'm on a major highway moving but at a speed not stopped but well under the limit for X amount of miles then common sense would say obviously something was up not to mention other drivers called for delay in the same spot after or around the same time. Now the not calling myself is totally on me and yeah I would understand a call from someone to say hey next time make sure you call but to jump right to do it again and it's a write up f-that..

And also as far as all this technology or lack there of this company continues to brag about they sure are well behind most competitors in that category coming from another carrier and seeing what is used there and from hearing what other companies are doing we are still in new millennium status as opposed to with the current times I mean for instance having to write your mileage down across every state line is a huge Pain in the rear and unsafe. Also as mentioned previously the P&D side of things is probably the most inefficient aspect of it all you could cut p/u and delivery times in half in turn using less man hours and getting your o/b shut down earlier meaning in most cases freight is moved and back sooner for the I/b to get guys out on time in the morning

I agree. The tech of this company is out of date. Be careful what you wish for. Along with better tech may come even more Big Brother.

I agree. The tech of this company is out of date. Be careful what you wish for. Along with better tech may come even more Big Brother.
Trust me. There's a lot more they can do. Since I've come to Sysco we have driver facing and forward facing cameras. They use tablets that connect to the vehicle sensors. Nothing seems to be overlooked.

Oh yeah handhelds are coming, some being used at westchester that's still behind FedEx and Conway,they have been using them for years already. yaaaaa nothing like being current with todays technology.
Back to my vacation
Bye,

You know I don't mind forward facing cameras they can watch me drive all they want and it's a insurance benefit for them because if someone cuts you off and causes an accident which happens often since ppl have no consideration for trucks instead of the company being sued for hitting some idiot the camera can save them but that doesn't mean you won't be pinned to the wall for it but I see no reason for driver facing cameras at all

And more have yet to join in here maybe because this thread is talking down about the company and some feel they shouldn't crap Where they eat I guess but I'll be damned if I'm not going to vent about being threatened with a write up over one small mis-hap

And being I came from the FedEx world I know that the technology here is way out dated but for the most part the people and lax environment around here makes up for it atleast in comparison to the two companies operations

And being I came from the FedEx world I know that the technology here is way out dated but for the most part the people and lax environment around here makes up for it atleast in comparison to the two companies operations
So......am I wrong in my assumption. Merge FedEx tech with Pyle attitude and its the perfect workplace??

So......am I wrong in my assumption. Merge FedEx tech with Pyle attitude and its the perfect workplace??
Haa..... That's funny I know and do not expect a perfect workplace where everything is all peaches and cream there is always those couple inevitable things I.e. Favoritism, whinos, DB supervisors and management and policies that are not consistently followed just to name a few but all in all the grass will never be as green as one would hope but those fields on the FedEx side were more brown then green if you get my drift but I just needed a place to vent about some stuff that's all