Estes | Runs being cut

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
A lot of runs being cut for lack of freight. Been hearing about a lot of the wildboard drivers sitting at home or waiting longer in the motels. I have pulled many a empties lately because terminal had so many wild drivers at hotel they had to give them my scheduled load just to send them on to get them out of their hair. Heard central was sending numerous drivers to the bigger terminals thinking they would have more freight but it seems they to are running low on freight. Still have outside carriers hauling Estes freight though.

It's sloooow right now!
Which isn't uncommon this time of the year in the ltl world.
I get at least 1 day off thru the week.
Ain't complaining
Things will pick up. Might be March, April or May. Then they'll have us rotating weekends

I hope this doesn’t delay bidding. Heard 017 is telling bud drivers to stay home and letting extra board take their runs. I went through there and they gave me a scheduled drivers run couple weeks ago. At least they haven’t done furloughs like some other companies.

It's sloooow right now!
Which isn't uncommon this time of the year in the ltl world.
I get at least 1 day off thru the week.
Ain't complaining
Things will pick up. Might be March, April or May. Then they'll have us rotating weekends
I hope so. People on the radio talking about the economy being worse this year than last. I know food prices are up pretty good and fore see gas probably going up toward summer. All we can do is take it one day at a time.

I hope so. People on the radio talking about the economy being worse this year than last. I know food prices are up pretty good and fore see gas probably going up toward summer. All we can do is take it one day at a time.
People are struggling, no doubt! I'm seeing lots of kids moving back in with their parents. Housing market starting to crash, Gas prices going up but seen this all before

I hope this doesn’t delay bidding. Heard 017 is telling bud drivers to stay home and letting extra board take their runs. I went through there and they gave me a scheduled drivers run couple weeks ago. At least they haven’t done furloughs like some other companies.
I’m glad they aren’t starving out the extraboard guys like they have in years past. Working them 2 days a week and rotting in the hotels regularly. Extraboard driver treatment has really improved leaps and bounds from what it used to be.

When a qualified driver leaves because you starved him that seat is virtually impossible to fill.
Where do qualified drivers go? I've seen a few leave then come back.
I've seen a few leave and try to come back but couldn't. I know of only 2 drivers that left, bought a truck and never came back. "Yet!"

Visitor. Don’t know why some these places don’t offer Mon or Fri off for bid guys. I’m second senior line & I’d take either every week until freight picks up. What? Just too easy? Smh
Be patient, I had 20-plus years before getting a Mon, Wed, and Fri.

Be patient, I had 20-plus years before getting a Mon, Wed, and Fri.
Visitor. Don’t know why some these places don’t offer Mon or Fri off for bid guys. I’m second senior line & I’d take either every week until freight picks up. What? Just too easy? Smh
I hear about some terminals that has part-time gigs. I don't think ours have that. I'd love to work when I want to instead of driving back and forth to work everyday. My trip to work and back takes nearly as long as my Itty bitty run

I’m glad they aren’t starving out the extraboard guys like they have in years past. Working them 2 days a week and rotting in the hotels regularly. Extraboard driver treatment has really improved leaps and bounds from what it used to be.
If they were sitting me only working me 2 days, I would file for unemployment partial benefits.

I hear about some terminals that has part-time gigs. I don't think ours have that. I'd love to work when I want to instead of driving back and forth to work everyday. My trip to work and back takes nearly as long as my Itty bitty run
I was just offering an easy solution to keep guys working. I’d be fine on four days til the end of time. I’m ok with five just the same.

Your missing the point.
Those junior drivers want the Mondays and Friday's off.

Your missing the point.
Those junior drivers want the Mondays and Friday's off

Then the jr drivers that are supposedly starving aren’t really starving if they just want mondays and fridays off?

Is this correct?

The way I see it, when the jr drivers get some seniority they can pick and choose there days off!

Lots of people cry wolf and act like they're going broke and hungry, then outta the blue, retire. We had several retire recently at our barn. I had no clue they were ready or even wanted to. As easy as this job is, it's hard to walk away from the $$$$