TForce | Saber-rattling begins ahead of LTL labor negotiations

Under the previous plan we received 70% of our highest earning 5 years. For me that would equate to at least $75k. Upon ratification of the 2013 contract I'll now receive an estimated $48k.
I have the old formula, that isn't it. The ovnt plan doesn't exist but for a some old timers.

I have the old formula, that isn't it. The ovnt plan doesn't exist but for a some old timers.
The Overnite formular will be used for your pension only if you made more than $72,000 at the time your first contract under UPSF was ratified otherwise the UPSF formular will be used.

So... We made around $85k in 2009 and were looking to make more in 2010. (Team)

They cut our runs in half in 2010... from 3/4 of the board down. So 2 guys ahead of me down. 140 on the board. That practice lasted at least past 2013, and we all know after 2014 UPS stopped giving a !!!! about freight. I also had a major medical issue in 2013 so even though I followed work to another barn, i missed the $73000 FAC by the deadline for pension calculation. And im just one of the many that missed out on the old formula at my former terminal.

So i am on the $100-$115 a year plan.

UPS won another round without us knowing it.

And yet they allowed people to retire and keep working. Nothing like being a pig at the trough.
It doesn't hurt tfi in anyway to let guys draw on a pension they aren't making payments too.
The average American truck driver has a life expectancy of about 61 years old, so get it while you can.

It doesn't hurt tfi in anyway to let guys draw on a pension they aren't making payments too.
The average American truck driver has a life expectancy of about 61 years old, so get it while you can.
You’re right. It just hurts the young guys who never get to move up because some people never know when it’s time to leave.

You’re right. It just hurts the young guys who never get to move up because some people never know when it’s time to leave.
Some people have no life outside of work, work is their life. So they just keep working until they die .
Why is it anyone's business to decide how others should live their own lives? Stop being such whiny a** busy bodies.

And yet they allowed people to retire and keep working. Nothing like being a pig at the trough.
Not at the transition to UPS from Overnite. There was a limited window to retire under the OVNT plan, some took it, some wished they did. One of the first things they did were to eliminate the retirees working part time.

This is exactly my thought... i want to be able to enjoy the years i put in before i stop gulpin' air.