Yellow | Saber-rattling begins ahead of LTL labor negotiations

Patel said rumor is the same old offer a $750. signing bonus and 15 cents raise per year and No new mirrors or Mudflaps or trailer door repairs for one year . But will have unlimited numbers of Shiny Wheels pulling loads ! And remember the saying vote yes or they will close the doors ! Drink up that Kool Aid :heykoolaid:

Sad to see how many of you yellow guys have faith in that place. It won’t matter what yellow offers you guys. IT WILL PASS. They voted a wage cut and pension away, you think people will strike now ? Nope! And if you guys do vote to strike they will close the doors or the IBT will over ride your votes to preserve UNION JOBS. Remember they told us we are UNSKILLED LABOR. If you are unhappy with yellow maybe it’s time you move on , or continue to be miserable for the rest of your life .

Sad to see how many of you yellow guys have faith in that place. It won’t matter what yellow offers you guys. IT WILL PASS. They voted a wage cut and pension away, you think people will strike now ? Nope! And if you guys do vote to strike they will close the doors or the IBT will over ride your votes to preserve UNION JOBS. Remember they told us we are UNSKILLED LABOR. If you are unhappy with yellow maybe it’s time you move on , or continue to be miserable for the rest of your life .O well ride the train ! Great insurance means a lot ! 5 weeks vacation! Easy work ! Made in the 80s last year !

There has to be major increases because I'm hearing UPS is going to be around $1.20 a mile and $50hr.
According to a costumer Estes and Yellow are the cheapest rates due to every other carrier jacked up their rates really expensive. Truckers need to get paid more so I can see our rates be behind the rest to keep competitive pay.

O well ride the train tell it stops ! Free Great insurance, 5 weeks vacation,5 personal days , made in the 80s ! Easy work ! What’s not to like ?? More money, more pension . Make your own way ! I don’t trust no one when it comes to $ !! I hope the thief’s burn in hell !

Warned guys about going there especially giving up 4- or 5-weeks' vacation all that seniority.
Ooof good thing I didn’t leave. Many many many drivers left and I flew more than half up the roster probably lol if yellow pays around what we ask for, I can see layoffs here too to keep doors open and force us to work longer hours. If they can force us more than 2 like 3 hours I won’t mind. I wouldn’t mind going from driver to dock if they lay-off more to be able to pay us more. Who knows. Hard times and hard decisions already showing. I’ll vote for the doors to close. A rookie here will stand with the OG’s. You guys deserve to retire with pension and we should be able to retire after you guys. Union members here we need “solidarity”! Write it in the sky.

Ooof good thing I didn’t leave. Many many many drivers left and I flew more than half up the roster probably lol if yellow pays around what we ask for, I can see layoffs here too to keep doors open and force us to work longer hours. If they can force us more than 2 like 3 hours I won’t mind. I wouldn’t mind going from driver to dock if they lay-off more to be able to pay us more. Who knows. Hard times and hard decisions already showing. I’ll vote for the doors to close. A rookie here will stand with the OG’s. You guys deserve to retire with pension and we should be able to retire after you guys. Union members here we need “solidarity”! Write it in the sky.
“I wouldn’t mind going from driver to dock if they lay-off more to be able to pay us more.” That’s the brotherhood spirit!

What workers feel they deserve and what companies feel they can afford to pay may not always coincide. That's when the rubber meets the road.

What workers feel they deserve and what companies feel they can afford to pay may not always coincide. That's when the rubber meets the road.
Yeah I think if you pay your drivers more you know you will layoff to be able to pay more and they will just force you to work longer hours to get the job done. Lower seniority drivers will hit docks probably so I wouldn’t mind going to dock work night to be able to get higher pay and get you and me pension. These new juniors coming in damaging freight will be laid off and maybe that will help us succeed. Not to be mean but majority of us junior damage freight but once you also become driver and then hit dock at times you want to take good care of the costumers freight. But who knows, we will have to wait and see.