Sad Day For Oak Harbor Ptld

:smilie_132:Day Tripper rrrr You continue to Amaze me with your profound mastery of the English Language. Are you sure you dont Come From the Great State Of Arkansas???:smilie_132:

Oh yes an inteligent tutoring. Management destoys companys. Take this tutoring ponder it. Why may 7.7 billion in Boing orders be canceled. Why are the 3 big auto makers broke, YRC, Shall I keep going proffesor?

i do not know how you got to where you are you're not to bright. the tutoring comment was for bob he has a english language typing problem

Don't need this union... what it brings is high cost and low efficiency.

speak for your self on the low effeciancy all i see are people busting their butts getting the freight delivered sometimes without the proper tools to do the job but we were able to improvise and get the job done sure we b#@!* and moan about it but that was allways after the job was done (work first b@!#* later) or as mngmnt likes to say work now greive later lol lol and as for high cost i know i am worth it and i believe my co workers are worth it as well quality cost more dont ya know i cannot speak for teamsters every where but the teamsters at ohfl were a very productive bunch of guys and were worth the cost and they know it but greed has blinded them i'll be damned if they need to cut my benefits just to open another terminal

speak for your self on the low effeciancy all i see are people busting their butts getting the freight delivered sometimes without the proper tools to do the job but we were able to improvise and get the job done sure we b#@!* and moan about it but that was allways after the job was done (work first b@!#* later) or as mngmnt likes to say work now greive later lol lol and as for high cost i know i am worth it and i believe my co workers are worth it as well quality cost more dont ya know i cannot speak for teamsters every where but the teamsters at ohfl were a very productive bunch of guys and were worth the cost and they know it but greed has blinded them i'll be damned if they need to cut my benefits just to open another terminal

If anyone thinks the "other drivers" were more productive just watch the videos for awhile. If you really are a truck driver don't tell me your not just sitting there shaking your head about this is what ohfl put on the streets to replace the teamsters.

My Observations:
1. I don't think the OAK Harbor strikers know what they are really up against here. The company is not your enemy. They are inviting you to move on or work for less out of there pockets. Think about it. SO WHAT! If you are in business these days you are looking to insure your own survival not a unions' members. Get the picture You [B]Don't[/B] matter[./B]
2. If you will look around there are an incredible amount of people from other countries living in this country, legally or illlegally, willing to work for less money. It will not get better it will get worse. We don't make anything in this country anymore and we are paying the price for the high cost of labor for the last 50 years. Union or otherwise! Life is changing teamsters and you better get ready for the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a train guaranteed.It will run you off the track and you will move on anyway. Lots of emotion being displayed that will produce 0.
3.My father was a union man. I worked in a union. Not anything special to note except that both businesses are now extinct with no trace that we ever worked there. I am not anti union. I am pro income. You have to have a company and that company will have to be able to hire you if you want income to pay bills. So if I can't pay my bills with the money the company pays me I have to move on or change MY SPENDING HABITS. ouch that's no fun. Guess what strikers over 5 million people have lost their homes in the last year. You don't have to look to far to see what they want and it will be A JOB.
4. You better stop dealing with the managment of Oak Harbor like you is the stud because the next thing they will do is close the doors and open up as The REALTIME trucking company at their convenience. Ask the airline guys who went on strike. They and thousands like them are sorry they didn't think first about the real issue. I DON"T LIKE THE WAY I"M BEING TREATED. Save yourselves the anguish I am reading here. Go find another job that has all the things you want and you will feel better. Who cares what Oak harbor does it's not your business. You don't pay their bills and you don't read them bedtime stories. Lets go make some money!

If anyone thinks the "other drivers" were more productive just watch the videos for awhile. If you really are a truck driver don't tell me your not just sitting there shaking your head about this is what ohfl put on the streets to replace the teamsters.

How does a Teamster make a truck driver? These kind of statements floor me. You make me shake my head in disbelief.

How does a Teamster make a truck driver? These kind of statements floor me. You make me shake my head in disbelief.
I didn't say that the teamsters make a truck driver. What I did say is the scum that they hired off of the street to replace the teamsters are not truck drivers. It is pretty obvious by the videos that these were people who could not maintain a job anywhere else.

The scum off the streets, are not drivers ?
It wasn't that long ago when women
were taking the jobs of hard working men
and were not qualified to do so
I'm guessing the scum are very good at driving
pulling 2k gears around, lifting 100 lb boxes
how about you, Truckchick ?

The scum off the streets, are not drivers ?
It wasn't that long ago when women
were taking the jobs of hard working men
and were not qualified to do so
I'm guessing the scum are very good at driving
pulling 2k gears around, lifting 100 lb boxes
how about you, Truckchick ?

No a mojorty of the scum being referred to were not worth a damn. Underqualified wanna be drivers are about it.

I didn't say that the teamsters make a truck driver. What I did say is the scum that they hired off of the street to replace the teamsters are not truck drivers. It is pretty obvious by the videos that these were people who could not maintain a job anywhere else.

Yea and how is your job working for you right now?

pretty good or did you not notice that freight levels went up once the teamsters came back i wonder what it would look like once we get a contract ratified
p.s wake up and quit trippin

pretty good or did you not notice that freight levels went up once the teamsters came back i wonder what it would look like once we get a contract ratified
p.s wake up and quit trippin

Just happens, that Jan - Mar are slow periods, an we are moving into the traditional higher season. Don't be so quick to think it is because the union drivers are back to save the company. Besides, year to year is what needs to be looked at, and we are still down from last.

Just happens, that Jan - Mar are slow periods, an we are moving into the traditional higher season. Don't be so quick to think it is because the union drivers are back to save the company.

Could it be that all the drama both inside and outside the company has subsided for the time being?

What would happen if another walkout ensues?

Just happens, that Jan - Mar are slow periods, an we are moving into the traditional higher season. Don't be so quick to think it is because the union drivers are back to save the company. Besides, year to year is what needs to be looked at, and we are still down from last.

it just so happens that freight levels were down since september which is normally busy considering the holidays and if you wanna look at it year to year last year was better for two reasons teamsters were doing their jobs and the economy wasnt as bad but this whole strike thing really didnt do any good for the freight levels people arent going to ship with a company that is going through a labor dispute as much as they would if things would have remained at the status quo