FedEx Freight | safety or stupidity

mattbob

TB Regular
Credits
CHS road drivers were contacted today and asked if they wanted to run tonight. Cat 2 hurricane off the coast,projected path takes it right into central south carolina. state of emergency in GA<SC<NC and VA. nothing like people first and safety

CHS road drivers were contacted today and asked if they wanted to run tonight. Cat 2 hurricane off the coast,projected path takes it right into central south carolina. state of emergency in GA<SC<NC and VA. nothing like people first and safety

I will take stupidity for 1000 Alex.

The storm has already been downgraded from a CAT 4 to a CAT 2 and still hasn’t made landfall and we’ve already got guys calling in for tomorrow...really?? They’re forecasting up to 30mph wind gust and 6”-10” of rain over a 3 day period for the CLT area...that’s like a 3 day thunderstorm without the thunder!! C’mon guys, give your wife her panties back and drive the damn truck!!

As for the guys out on the coast, that’s a whole different ballgame...good luck guys!!

The storm has already been downgraded from a CAT 4 to a CAT 2 and still hasn’t made landfall and we’ve already got guys calling in for tomorrow...really?? They’re forecasting up to 30mph wind gust and 6”-10” of rain over a 3 day period for the CLT area...that’s like a 3 day thunderstorm without the thunder!! C’mon guys, give your wife her panties back and drive the damn truck!!

As for the guys out on the coast, that’s a whole different ballgame...good luck guys!!
this thread is about the guys on the coast. not always about you and the clt terminal red, just sayin

I hope the boardwalks up in Jersey hold up....Big Dave was worried I know...

What centers are closed tomorrow (Friday)?

The CLT City p&d area goes as Far East as Rockingham. The forecast is for gusts well above 50 mph. Safety Above ALL is our company motto. You drive the damn truck hero!

The CLT City p&d area goes as Far East as Rockingham. The forecast is for gusts well above 50 mph. Safety Above ALL is our company motto. You drive the damn truck hero!
Road drivers occasionally experience wind guests like that up in the hills, nothing new to us, but I understand your concern...I guess.
As for me, I’ve still got two years left on my probation yet I’m on the way in to drive the damn truck...I ain’t skeered!!

Road drivers occasionally experience wind guests like that up in the hills, nothing new to us, but I understand your concern...I guess.
As for me, I’ve still got two years left on my probation yet I’m on the way in to drive the damn truck...I ain’t skeered!!

Man someone should nominate you for a bravo zulu award you are going to work on a normal day.... man how do you do it? Wait a minute you said your accident was a minor one you don't go on probation for 3 years for minor accident. Lol

the point of this thread was mgmt asking drivers to go out and run in a manditory evacuation with a hurricane off the coast that will still be a tropical storm inland, I was trying to prove the point that it;s profit over safety and most have missed the point

the point of this thread was mgmt asking drivers to go out and run in a manditory evacuation with a hurricane off the coast that will still be a tropical storm inland, I was trying to prove the point that it;s profit over safety and most have missed the point
So let’s get this straight...management called the road drivers in CHS and asked if they wanted to work...where’s the problem?? They didn’t call and force you out, they didn’t say you had to go, they called and asked IF you wanted to go!! Perhaps there were some drivers who need the money and thought they could make the trip safely?? Maybe there’s others who didn’t feel it was safe?? Either way, they gave you the choice...

Your failed point of “profit over safety” doesn’t hold water because you were given a choice, so obviously you missed the point!!

Note: Nowhere in the title or the first post does it say anything about being a coastal or CHS issue only, you’re not the only ones effected by the storm...just sayin’

So let’s get this straight...management called the road drivers in CHS and asked if they wanted to work...where’s the problem?? They didn’t call and force you out, they didn’t say you had to go, they called and asked IF you wanted to go!! Perhaps there were some drivers who need the money and thought they could make the trip safely?? Maybe there’s others who didn’t feel it was safe?? Either way, they gave you the choice...

Your failed point of “profit over safety” doesn’t hold water because you were given a choice, so obviously you missed the point!!

Note: Nowhere in the title or the first post does it say anything about being a coastal or CHS issue only, you’re not the only ones effected by the storm...just sayin’

Getting a couple of inches of rain from the reminentes of the storm is really not like being in the middle of it just sayin. Im still shocked you showed up to work today in those conditions. :clap: