FedEx Freight | safety or stupidity

So let’s get this straight...management called the road drivers in CHS and asked if they wanted to work...where’s the problem?? They didn’t call and force you out, they didn’t say you had to go, they called and asked IF you wanted to go!! Perhaps there were some drivers who need the money and thought they could make the trip safely?? Maybe there’s others who didn’t feel it was safe?? Either way, they gave you the choice...

Your failed point of “profit over safety” doesn’t hold water because you were given a choice, so obviously you missed the point!!

Note: Nowhere in the title or the first post does it say anything about being a coastal or CHS issue only, you’re not the only ones effected by the storm...just sayin’
you are right, no one was forced to work . we were the only ones in the affected area asked to work.
the point all along was that the company should have never asked the drivers to run.
you just keep eating your employee appreciation food and missing the point.
your an idiot and when all this hurricane stuff is over I think you and I should meet up for an adult beverage

you are right, no one was forced to work . we were the only ones in the affected area asked to work.
the point all along was that the company should have never asked the drivers to run.
your an idiot and when all this hurricane stuff is over I think you and I should meet up for an adult beverage
I disagree, why shouldn’t the company have given you guys the option?? Just because you didn’t feel it was safe?? I think know you’re just a disgruntled employee that likes to bitch!! Had you wanted to work and they decided to cancel everyone you would’ve bitched about not having a choice...it’s who you are!!
Meet for adult beverages...sounds good, but you’ll bitch about that too just because it’s me!!

He can join in with the RAT and bash the company after he retires

The storm has already been downgraded from a CAT 4 to a CAT 2 and still hasn’t made landfall and we’ve already got guys calling in for tomorrow...really?? They’re forecasting up to 30mph wind gust and 6”-10” of rain over a 3 day period for the CLT area...that’s like a 3 day thunderstorm without the thunder!! C’mon guys, give your wife her panties back and drive the damn truck!!

As for the guys out on the coast, that’s a whole different ballgame...good luck guys!!
I get what you're saying. But drivers are covering their you know whats. Because there are still some management in the old regime that would love to fire a driver over the dumbest thing.

I get what you're saying. But drivers are covering their you know whats. Because there are still some management in the old regime that would love to fire a driver over the dumbest thing.
Agreed, and as a driver I would do the same. We have policies in place that protect drivers when calling in during adverse weather conditions...including hurricanes...and there’s nothing those “old regime managers” can do about it!! :1036316054:

My point was drivers calling in for 3 days of rain...not exactly adverse weather and a few got unexcused absences because of it.

Agreed, and as a driver I would do the same. We have policies in place that protect drivers when calling in during adverse weather conditions...including hurricanes...and there’s nothing those “old regime managers” can do about it!! :1036316054:

My point was drivers calling in for 3 days of rain...not exactly adverse weather and a few got unexcused absences because of it.

How you know that? You been reading the bosses emails again?