FedEx Freight | Safety truck

You cannot get a Trucking Company to pay anything in a timely manner.

I had a older owner once of like a dozen trucks and trailers with a shop and so on. Getting him to buy any fuel at a certain price was a job of itself.

In Dallas we were told the end of the month. Watch now FDX will claim that the payout will have caused them not to pay us a bone us.

The amount of taxes taken out of that paycheck makes me cringe. But good deal you guys all got :1036316054:
When I got my $5k safe driving bonus, my withholding had 50% going to regular 401k,
so the tax bite was a lot less.
Any amount taken out of any kind of bonus payment is just withholding, not actual "tax". When you file your tax return the actual tax you pay on that bonus money will be the same as if it was your regular pay.

Any amount taken out of any kind of bonus payment is just withholding, not actual "tax". When you file your tax return the actual tax you pay on that bonus money will be the same as if it was your regular pay.
Absolutely true.
I just don’t like “loaning” money to the gov for 0% when Wong can get me 15% in my Cayman account….

I think you missed my point. I understand that extra taxes taken from the bonus check balance themselves out at the end of the year when you file your taxes.
By putting more into the 401k, it is money that does not enter the tax equation. It’s money that was not taxed at all until I pull it out in retirement, thus allowing me to decide when to take the tax hit and not run the risk of bumping up into a higher tax bracket.

I think you missed my point. I understand that extra taxes taken from the bonus check balance themselves out at the end of the year when you file your taxes.
By putting more into the 401k, it is money that does not enter the tax equation. It’s money that was not taxed at all until I pull it out in retirement, thus allowing me to decide when to take the tax hit and not run the risk of bumping up into a higher tax bracket.
To be precise it's not extra "taxes" taken out of a bonus check, it's extra "withholding." In any event, maxing out your 401-K contribution is always a good idea. And I'm sure you realize that if you earn extra income which puts you into a higher tax bracket it's only the amount of income over that higher tax bracket income level that is taxed at the higher level, not all of your income. It's called progressive taxation for a reason. Too many people mistakenly believe that going to a higher tax bracket applies to all their income.

To be precise it's not extra "taxes" taken out of a bonus check, it's extra "withholding." In any event, maxing out your 401-K contribution is always a good idea. And I'm sure you realize that if you earn extra income which puts you into a higher tax bracket it's only the amount of income over that higher tax bracket income level that is taxed at the higher level, not all of your income. It's called progressive taxation for a reason. Too many people mistakenly believe that going to a higher tax bracket applies to all their income.
How would they tax my turkey? asking for a turkey farmer.