SAIA Haz Mat Crash Shuts Down Atlanta

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
jpeic3.jpg

All lanes have been reopened on I-20 in Newton County after a tractor-trailer housing a minimal amount of sodium chloride overturned.

http://www.ajc.com/news/two-lanes-reopen-on-504489.html

Thanks for the post guys. The driver and I see each other everynight in ATL while waiting on our bills. Those who have spoke to him told me he's doing alright, just a few stitches.

Say there Demo Man can you add anymore to this crash report,such as was it preventable,or non-preventable?
Is this driver going to be able to hang on to his job?

Hopefully all is well with him,and he will be able to stay with Saia.

I hate to see anything negative happen with any trucker.

He said he swerved to miss a car.......and it nearly cost him his life. A foot or two the other direction and this would be a different type of report. Someone was watching out for him for sure! He's been with the company 16 years without a non-preventable accident that I know of. Hopefully he will return.

I'm GLAD FOR HIM and HIS FAMILY that he'll recover.
---
Seems from other accounts, it's BETTER TO HIT THE 4 WHEELER than swerve to avoid and possibly die.
I say this because I hit a 4 wheeler in '03 with a Combo as I tried to stop quickly when the A.B.S. DIDN'T (some Drives locked and I was heading towards a jack-knife), so off the Brakes and into the 4 wheeler.

4 wheelers want to play on Roads with Trucks as if these Heavy Vehicles can manuever quickly. Some 4 wheeler drivers learn, some die as well do some Truck Drivers.

[quote author=DemolitionMan link=topic=79673.msg825887#msg825887 date=1272655034]
He said he swerved to miss a car.......and it nearly cost him his life. A foot or two the other direction and this would be a different type of report. Someone was watching out for him for sure! He's been with the company 16 years without a non-preventable accident that I know of. Hopefully he will return.
[/quote]

That "Someone" was God :thumbsup: