XPO | Saia In Boston Region

And cameras in the bathrooms also because I know there’s guys taking too long to poop and not wiping properly

Exactly. Are there people taking advantage that need to be addressed. Of course. But more times than not, these things are something used against someone that isn't a problem. Attacking the capable and rewarding the lazy has become common practice.

Most of the negativity on our thread comes from non employees. Former & bitter or not, non employees. And only a handful at that. Just sayin. :1036316054:

I have talked to several Saia drivers locally and they hate what's gone on at that company. Many of the ones I talk to, I notice have changed uniforms and work for someone else now. Not to different from our own situation here at XPO LTL, really.

So what am I supposed to take away from these comments regarding my post? I can make a case for inward/outward facing cameras in the trucks, can you make a case against them? I doubt it.
Ok so here it goes, outside of the true safety aspect of the Drivecam, my biggest problem with the program is the HUGE and I mean HUGE hypocrisy of how it is applied. Here is the question proposed, if it is such a major safety tool why is it not in all company registered vehicles i.e. sales and manager vehicles etc.? Just stating the obvious, i'll be waiting for a valid and intelligent response. :idunno:

Last edited:
Ok so here it goes, outside of the true safety aspect of the Drivecam, my biggest problem with the program is the HUGE and I mean HUGE hypocrisy of how it is applied. Here is the question proposed, if it is such a major safety tool why is it not in all company registered vehicles i.e. sales and manager vehicles etc.? Just stating the obvious, i'll be waiting for a valid and intelligent response. :idunno:
That’s a good question. My guess is it would not be appealing to managers and sales people. It would deter from people taking the job. It is kind of unfair it is not applied across all company vehicles.

That’s a good question. My guess is it would not be appealing to managers and sales people. It would deter from people taking the job. It is kind of unfair it is not applied across all company vehicles.
I've had company cars in other lines of work ( an I thought it would've been alright to have inward an outward facing cameras in those situations ) I was told it wouldn't happen because my company car was available for private use.

At XPO , almost all of the company cars are available for private use , so I'm guessing that prevents installation of driver cameras in the vehicles management/sales uses.

From a leadership standpoint alone , you would think someone in management at one of these companies would step up and lead by example instead the spineless , balless , yellow-belly , do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do B.S. that the blue collar people see all of the time.

I've had company cars in other lines of work ( an I thought it would've been alright to have inward an outward facing cameras in those situations ) I was told it wouldn't happen because my company car was available for private use.

At XPO , almost all of the company cars are available for private use , so I'm guessing that prevents installation of driver cameras in the vehicles management/sales uses.

From a leadership standpoint alone , you would think someone in management at one of these companies would step up and lead by example instead the spineless , balless , yellow-belly , do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do B.S. that the blue collar people see all of the time.
That’s a good point about private use but it’s still a company owned vehicle with liabilities.

I had not thought of Sucker666's reasone, but he's most likely right, privately used vehicles and I would add this. Company vehicles are not CMV's and are not subject to DOT regulations and neither are the drivers of those company vehicles. If we consider that if a CMV with equipped with an on board recorder is involved in an accident, especially a reportable one, all parties involved have the opportunity to see first hand, circumstances that led up to the accident. Given that the on board recorder was keeping the driver of the CMV honest, there is a good chance the driver and the company would be able to avoid a costly lawsuit by eliminating from the mix, "the driver is always guilty" variable. I am a driver/trainer and as such, I see the footage from the on board recorders and there are incidents, more than you may think, where the driver is doing nothing wrong at the time of the recording, and when that occurs, myself and my SCM take the driver's side. Personally, I'm willing to deal with a camera in my face for the added layer of protection I get in the event I get into a non-preventable accident because video doesn't lie and my case is already made.

I had not thought of Sucker666's reasone, but he's most likely right, privately used vehicles and I would add this. Company vehicles are not CMV's and are not subject to DOT regulations and neither are the drivers of those company vehicles. If we consider that if a CMV with equipped with an on board recorder is involved in an accident, especially a reportable one, all parties involved have the opportunity to see first hand, circumstances that led up to the accident. Given that the on board recorder was keeping the driver of the CMV honest, there is a good chance the driver and the company would be able to avoid a costly lawsuit by eliminating from the mix, "the driver is always guilty" variable. I am a driver/trainer and as such, I see the footage from the on board recorders and there are incidents, more than you may think, where the driver is doing nothing wrong at the time of the recording, and when that occurs, myself and my SCM take the driver's side. Personally, I'm willing to deal with a camera in my face for the added layer of protection I get in the event I get into a non-preventable accident because video doesn't lie and my case is already made.

There are examples of other companies doing this in these vehicles. If you put your family in that vehicle on your own time, that was your choice to do that.