SAIA | Saia, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter 2010 Results

Jack Knife

TB Veteran
Credits
Fourth quarter 2010 highlights include:

* LTL tonnage per workday increased 6.1% over the prior year quarter
* LTL yield increased 5.4% over the prior year quarter due to pricing actions and increased fuel surcharge
* Operating ratio was 99.2 vs. 101.8 in the prior year quarter, which included the impact of the favorable vacation adjustment equating to 1.9 operating points
* Recognition of alternative fuel tax credit of $0.06 per share.

Saia, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter 2010 Results: Market Wire Business News - MSN Money

Sadly, it will seem so as long as the economy is so uncertain. I may probably speak for many of us who are on a hourly/mileage basis for income who are feeling the pinch from the "cost containment measures."
One might suspect that on the order of priorities wages and salaries are towards the bottom.
I appreciate they are returning the 401k matching, but because of the effects of inflation, that had to go away as all my families deferred maintainence on both houses and vehicles is coming due during this time.
Slowly,I am seeing many of our fellow employees depart for other more optimistic pastures. One wonders when "market conditions" will once again be favorable for non management personnel.

Sadly, it will seem so as long as the economy is so uncertain. I may probably speak for many of us who are on a hourly/mileage basis for income who are feeling the pinch from the "cost containment measures."
One might suspect that on the order of priorities wages and salaries are towards the bottom.
I appreciate they are returning the 401k matching, but because of the effects of inflation, that had to go away as all my families deferred maintainence on both houses and vehicles is coming due during this time.
Slowly,I am seeing many of our fellow employees depart for other more optimistic pastures. One wonders when "market conditions" will once again be favorable for non management personnel.

BT you are so right, our powers to be have their head in the clouds and are hoping to keep the employee's in a fog. when you start seeing drivers and supervisors with over 10 years leaving, then something is wrong. we are no longer tied to YRC but still have many of their ways. if i was a young driver ( 40 years or less) i would be knocking on UPSF, Conway & FedEx doors every day.