Yellow | SAIA is the Trojan Horse

GIALLO

TB Lurker
Credits
As everyone knows SAIA just to be a southwest regional carrier, owned by Yellow, then was spinned it off.
When Yellow, Roadway and the USF companies started to collapse they introduced the Trojan Horse and started to destroy from inside these great companies from then until the present time.
Something in my heart tells me that they are shattering the last pieces left of it with the help of the banksters. There are so much corruption and loopholes to do it legally. Yellow is shrinking while SAIA opening more terminals in the Northeast and almost every where they think is a chance to grab all the freight that Yellow is leaving behind as they go thru this COO crap.:hissyfit:

As everyone knows SAIA just to be a southwest regional carrier, owned by Yellow, then was spinned it off.
When Yellow, Roadway and the USF companies started to collapse they introduced the Trojan Horse and started to destroy from inside these great companies from then until the present time.
Something in my heart tells me that they are shattering the last pieces left of it with the help of the banksters. There are so much corruption and loopholes to do it legally. Yellow is shrinking while SAIA opening more terminals in the Northeast and almost every where they think is a chance to grab all the freight that Yellow is leaving behind as they go thru this COO crap.:hissyfit:
Hey I heard of another company that did the same thing....I wonder who that was....Oh can we say Corn Flake

Saia and Westex were both non union regional carriers owned by Preston, We know the story of Yellow buying Preston and all its companies and then spinning Preston off. So they owned Saia- a Southeastt regional LTL Carrier and Westex- regional west coast carrier. They then bought Jevic to try and complete the puzzle to cover most of the US. They spun off Saia and Westex together and the whole new company was Saia( Westex was merged in). Jevic was sold off separately to a investment company and eventually closed. Since Saia was a publicly traded company I am sure the stock holders of yellow at the time got equal shares in Saia. before Saia came to the Northeast they tried to buy Pyle( 2 different offers), Pitt Ohio and Ward. This would make expansion easier as the companies all had terminal in the most congested part of the country. Since no one sold to Saia, over the last few years they have moved thru out the Northeast. They have no terminals yet in Maine, this week they opened 2 terminals in W. Virginia ( both former T-Force/UPS freight ter). Change happens whether we like it or not,
The LTL landscape is not remotely close to being done changing. With Knight/Swift buying AAA/Cooper first then Mid West to grow their area coverage. They publicly said they are not done, they want to get into the Northeast also buy buying or expanding. Expanding into the Northeast will be tough now generically with limited terminals for sale.

• Saia began in 1924 when Louis Saia, Sr., a produce dealer in Houma, LA, decided there was more to be made in delivering produce than selling it. Our first "truck" was the family car with the rear seats removed.
  • Over the next 45 years, Saia continued to expand, establishing terminals throughout Louisiana and Texas. By 1986, Saia was one of the largest regional LTL carriers in the country, with 23 terminals across five Southeastern states, approximately 1000 employees and over $50 million in revenue.
  • In 1987, the Saia family sold the company to Preston Trucking. When Yellow Corporation purchased Preston in 1993, it also acquired Saia. Two years later, Saia merged with Smalley Transportation, another Yellow division, and opened terminals in North and South Carolina and western Texas. As a result, Saia customers had access to 100% of all 11 Southern states we now covered.
  • In 2001, Yellow integrated its Action Express and WestEx divisions, under the Saia brand, increasing our direct coverage to 21 states and more than 100 terminals. In 2002, Saia and Jevic Transportation, another Yellow Corp. company, spun off to form an independent, publicly traded company, SCST.
  • In 2004, Clark Brothers Transport, Inc. and its nine-state, 16-terminal network joined Saia's network, providing our customers service to key Midwestern markets including Chicago, St. Louis, Kansas City and Minneapolis. Two years later, SCST sold Jevic Transportation, folded all corporate functions into Saia and began trading on the NASDAQ with the ticker symbol "SAIA."
  • In 2007, Saia announced the acquisitions of The Connection Company, of Columbus, OH, and Madison Freight Systems, Inc. based in Waunakee, WI. That same year, we also had over a billion dollars in gross revenue for the first time in our history.
  • In 2012, Saia expanded our capabilities beyond LTL with the purchase of The Robart Companies, a Georgia-based firm that provides non-asset based truckload service and third-party logistics.
  • Saia acquired LinkEx Inc., a diversified, asset-light, 3PL based in Dallas, Texas, in 2015.
  • Today, Saia's operates 190 terminals across the country and employs nearly 12,000 people. Through our network of partners, we provide service to Alaska and Hawaii, plus Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. Our operating service groups, Saia Logistics Services and LinkEx, provide complete transportation and logistics solutions.

Be careful you're going to get all the NPME guys overly excited when they don't see the date on that article :wee:

Debt from buying Saia is what sank Preston. They couldn’t make the Debt Payments and keep up Maintenance. I was sure that exact thing was going to sink Yellow Corp after the Debt of buying Roadway and Holland.
Brothers check this out!!!
Money flows like flooding waters!!!!
:couch:
:burnsauce::burnsauce::burnsauce::burnsauce::burnsauce:

Brothers check this out!!!
Money flows like flooding waters!!!!
:couch:
:burnsauce::burnsauce::burnsauce::burnsauce::burnsauce:
From the article
“Route optimization creates routes that meet all operational constraints, while reducing the number of drivers needed and miles driven”