SAIA | SAIA Layoffs

From what I have seen and heard layoffs are by points, performance and seniority!! Each terminal has different criteria!! Points and performance being the most looked at!!!

Speaking of points. Why is that some drivers and dock workers get written up for the most simple of things, while some drivers can destroy equipment, (tractors, trailer, forklifts, phones) and never get written up?

have not heard of any lay off"s before this one how is saia doing
as far as operating %? i talked to a saia driver at the truck stop where we were getting fuel and he told me he was having to take a day off during the week so the one"s on the bottom could work. sounds like to me that saia aint doing so well. well when you have them guy"s working for saia that ran spartan express in the ground i guess you will get the same reaction. {close the gate}

10 speed

You have not heard of any layoffs until now??? Saia is the first company in these economic times laying anyone off?? Where have you been on a mountain top?? Your post blows my mind on how you could come to that conclusion talking to 1 driver at a truck stop!! I know we have city and line haul guys working 6 days a week and no signs right now of slowing down!! I think our operation ratio was 96.1!!

It's tough times for most. Most of our linehaul and city work everyday now. I would not mind being on a 4 day rotation if it meant that someone did not get laid off. I've got senority over a couple in linehaul, but i believe in more of a team mentality.

At my barn,

some of the lower guys are working the dock, but it is hard to get a day off at FXF. Out freight is holding it's own/gaining slightly. Good luck to everyone in these times.

Layoffs in West Palm Beach

I just want to wish the 2 city drivers and the 1 line haul driver in WPB who got layed off the best of luck. We will miss you guys here and I as a WPB driver am sad to see they cut you guys because of senority. We have a couple of guys here who are not pulling the weight. Maybe Saia will realize the mistake when the customer service goes down. Hang in there guys it will get better!

WPB driver am sad to see they cut you guys because of senority.

I guess in your eyes senority does not mean anything. Just maybe you do not like senority!! maybe somebody like the TM should get off his A** and do something if certain people are not pulling their weight like you suggest. To me it sounds like you would have to move for him to get up off his A**!!!!!

I guess in your eyes senority does not mean anything. Just maybe you do not like senority!! maybe somebody like the TM should get off his A** and do something if certain people are not pulling their weight like you suggest. To me it sounds like you would have to move for him to get up off his A**!!!!![/QUOTE]

Do you prefer a worker that doesn’t do his job and calls in sick all the time over a hard working guy that shows up every day??:USA:

senority doesnt mean ::shit:: anymore at that company anymore saia stopped caring about there drivers back years ago when they got rid of the slogan on the sides of the trucks
"WE CARE WE SHARE" so to all of yall I wish yall the best of luck and hope Saia the company gets thru this but on another note if yalls management got the axe that would be a great company they have royalty screwed that place up. I guess most of yall havent paid close attention to your 401ks because my friends that are still there were saying Saia has stopped contributing to employees 401ks. Sounds like step one of how to sink a ship.
THE BEST OF LUCK DRIVERS AND ALL:chairshot:

senority doesnt mean ::shit:: anymore at that company anymore saia stopped caring about there drivers back years ago when they got rid of the slogan on the sides of the trucks
"WE CARE WE SHARE" so to all of yall I wish yall the best of luck and hope Saia the company gets thru this but on another note if yalls management got the axe that would be a great company they have royalty screwed that place up. I guess most of yall havent paid close attention to your 401ks because my friends that are still there were saying Saia has stopped contributing to employees 401ks. Sounds like step one of how to sink a ship.
THE BEST OF LUCK DRIVERS AND ALL:chairshot:

It took me nearly 30 days to get my 401k from Fidelity because Saia would not notify Fidelity that I has been terminated. Out here in eastern NC, Saia is not paying their vendor's and outside cartage agents.

that goes to show you its not all right on the home front, I ll tell you it reminds me alot of the saia smalley merge it was all every thing was okay hold on it will be okay and then side swiped with terminations left and right so beware of their tactics

that goes to show you its not all right on the home front, I ll tell you it reminds me alot of the saia smalley merge it was all every thing was okay hold on it will be okay and then side swiped with terminations left and right so beware of their tactics

They continue to kill the body to save the head.

Stupid
And
Idiotic
Aholes

Can't count

Layoff was Oct 2nd. It's Oct 29th. It hasn't been 30 days. Are all of your posts such as -Saia isn't paying any vendors in the Carolinas - this truthfull???? Or maybe you are a driver and a vendor which might get you laid off.

Sorry you are laid off - but we don't really need your lies. Maybe it's time to move onto another board. Good luck.

Layoff was Oct 2nd. It's Oct 29th. It hasn't been 30 days. Are all of your posts such as -Saia isn't paying any vendors in the Carolinas - this truthfull???? Or maybe you are a driver and a vendor which might get you laid off.

Sorry you are laid off - but we don't really need your lies. Maybe it's time to move onto another board. Good luck.

Sorry doc. It ain't lies. There are several vendors out this way that have not been payed. SOME have cut Saia off and refuse to service Saia. Some are outside carriers and they have stopped delivering Saia freight. This is not negative crap but the real truth. Things may good at your barn and I am glad for you, BUT things are not good at GNC. I have friends at this barn that I am concerned about. I don't want any of them to go thru what I am going thru. I have no reason to lie about this now or before. I doubt Saia will shut down, BUT, this terminal is in trouble thanks to stupid management. PM me if you want a phone number to the outside carrier that has cut them off. The others are afraid to cut them off. They are afraid they will never get their money. If you can't handle the truth I suggest YOU move to another board.

And for the 30 day, I was let go on 10/02 as you said. It took until 10/21/08 for fidelity to ok my money to be sent. They had to WAIT for Saia to tell them of my termination,. It will take 10 to 15 business days to get my money. DO THE MATH.