Saia Post, cont'd.

Dirty White Boy

TB Lurker
Credits
Ran out of room! Check out "Sheet Climber's latest posts..(What the Hell is a Sheet Climber?)
Don't seem as if he cares much for us. Too bad, his loss. He sounds like the prevailing attitude of "Say'Ya" drivers (WE CARE-WE SHARE) that I pass every nite between Charlotte and Atlanta. No CB greetings, or interest in us. They must think they're Elite.

Also, check out Nervouswreck, re: job postings for Sales in the Northeast corridor. Guess the move to Northeast is about to happen, huh?

Hope you can kick their butts, too! :sadwavey:
Oh, and here's my reply to Sheetclimber, on our forum...:tongue0002: :bigfinger:

I mentioned it before. Jevic is Saia's 3rd largest customer. That kind of revenue puts people to work.

Sheetclimer's not looking at the whole picture.

As for the job postings: I'd love to see them. The Saia website lists sales positions only as far north as Richmond, VA.

All I know is this: the closer you can be to the truth, the better off you are. Rumors are for people with too much free time.

Gabbydad, the sales position postings are for NY MA ME CT VT. These are posted in the terminals, haven't seen it on our website. I guess it has to be offered to current employees first? Hey dirtyboy, as for us not waving at you, that goes both ways pal. Never had a Jevic driver speak to me either. The only one I've ever even heard speak is the big bossman. Oh,and when you do pass, making less money I believe, I ALWAYS flash you over and NEVER get a thankyou or flashback. But it doesn't bother me and I don't go around crying about it.

Jevic

gabbydad said:
I mentioned it before. Jevic is Saia's 3rd largest customer. That kind of revenue puts people to work.

Sheetclimer's not looking at the whole picture.

As for the job postings: I'd love to see them. The Saia website lists sales positions only as far north as Richmond, VA.

All I know is this: the closer you can be to the truth, the better off you are. Rumors are for people with too much free time.

I work at the Jevic Chicago terminal and we move a lot of SAIA freight. It looks like stuff from area's SAIA has no coverage terminal's in like the notheast, and place's like Idaho, Dakota's....e.t.c.

I feel alot of Jevic's problems right now have to deal with this Hedge fund that's trying to sell Jevic just so they can jack the stock price up and sell there stock for a quick buck.

Hedge funds are bad news because they always look for a quick buck and not for the best interest of the company or it's employees.

Yahooer said:
I work at the Jevic Chicago terminal and we move a lot of SAIA freight. It looks like stuff from area's SAIA has no coverage terminal's in like the notheast, and place's like Idaho, Dakota's....e.t.c.

I feel alot of Jevic's problems right now have to deal with this Hedge fund that's trying to sell Jevic just so they can jack the stock price up and sell there stock for a quick buck.

Hedge funds are bad news because they always look for a quick buck and not for the best interest of the company or it's employees.

Any time that a company has public ownership such as SCST they are subject to outside pressures that may or may not be the same as the company's best long term interests. Once ole yeller spun us off and put the company on the stock market, we become subject to the whims of the share holders who treat the companies like they are pimps and we are a bunch of whores. You don't have to have much imagination to see where that goes. I'm still p.o.ed that Trucksess and O'Dell got all that bonus money for the share price reaching a certain level. All that means is the rest of us got a royal sc******. One might also notice since they got theirs the share price has dropped(some would say like a rock). It killed the earnings per share. Just like short sighted management.:cuss:

nervouswreck: That's Dirty White Boy, thank you. Bossman talks to EVERYONE, talks over EVERYONE. I'm not one of the new breed. I'm still courteous: I flash, and I thankew flash when I get it. Ur Volvo drivers, for the most part, do blink; however, except for Peacemaker, have had only 1 Kw to flash me. THey must be the Elite ones! Maybe they make more $ than all of us, huh?

I could care less who makes more $. We all choose who to work for, based upon need, experience, job satisfaction. The size of the check doesn't make the better person.
I just detected a hint of sarcasm in some recent posts to the tune of "makes no difference to me". Well, it should , We're all in the same rowboat , with SCS Talking Heads punching holes in it!

I'm glad we have our own website, now. I felt like we were intruding upon yours. Now we both have an outlet for our issues. You're welcome to join in our discussions, and I hope the reverse is true. We all stand to gain by cooperation. You have good weekend, now.

we......... didnt ask to be put in the same rowboat as you..... we...... didnt destroy your company........ we are not scs........ we are drivers just like you subject to the same conditions as you, i went down with western auto, ag boone, and cf, you dont hear me whining! and you arent gone yet......... whats up with that??? wake up ..we didnt tell you to apply at jevic!!!!

Brother- the stock closed @ 27 friday and only peaked at 30.

Not defending anyone, just stating some fact.

That same stinkin Hedge Fund that started this crap, bought even more of our stock.

go to SCStransportation.com and check out the sec filings. The last one dated 5/1/06.

1st they go public and tell SCS to sell Jevic stating that the stock is undervalued. Now 2 months late thye've increased their holding.

Man, it's like "master of the universe" pulling the freakin strings...

sheet climber? (lol) destroy your company? you can thank yellow corp for that. i've seen your frt and frankly you can have it. seems to me every company you've worked for has gone under, imagine that! JEVIC was the BEST OF THE BEST that's why i'm here. We can all thank Yellow corp and their pencil pushers for the position we're in and as far as hearing you "whine", well , if you're not whinning, you're as close as i've ever seen.

Time for some history...

in 1993 Yellow bought Preston. They did so because we owned a little company named SAIA (non-union). Yellow's intention was to grow Saia, discard Preston and Yellow Freight (both union carriers).

The plan was to follow suit with Roadway and CF. If you'll recall, both were the original companies and both were spun away in an effort to shed the unions and whatever limitations or perceived limitations the teamsters posed.

In July 1999, Yellow bought Jevic and two weeks later was instrumental in closing Preston, despite the fact that were were suppossedly spun off.

Yellow had wanted to link Jevic and Saia together and get rid of Yellow freight.

This is where it get's funny. Jevic is a hybrid tl carrier and Saia is a hub and spoke ltl operation. Different in substantial ways.

Execs @Yellow realize the plan won't work, but now it's post 9/11 and they can't sell Jevic and Saia because the economy is so bad. At the same time, Yellow can't go in to the teamster negotiations in the pring of 2003 owning 2 "scab" companies. SO, they create SCS and spin us off.

Now Maury Meyers who ran Yellow didn't make Harry sign a no-compete clause when they bought Jevic because it was intended that he would run this non union carrer group.

I little while later, Mr Meyers left to run Waste Management. Harry's godfather was gone. Harry opened New Century with the sole purpose of canibalizing Jevic. Alot of our current struggle is that Harry, with all his millions will do anything to hurt us. He' undercut accounts to take them away from Jevic. He over pays Jevic people to leave.

While it's not the only reason, it's a big part.

Hope this didn't bore anyone.

I understand the Jevic - New Century issues, but there is also alot of blame that needs to be cast onto Yellow for not seeing what Jevic was and what made Jevic successful.

Jevic should never been picking up those 300# shipments that became more and more regular after the Yellwo acquisition.

Maybe the SAIA - Jevic merge was the cause of this, but it really is a bigger reason than New Century in the Jevic downslide.

gabbydad said:
in 1993 Yellow bought Preston. They did so because we owned a little company named SAIA (non-union). Yellow's intention was to grow Saia, discard Preston and Yellow Freight (both union carriers).

The plan was to follow suit with Roadway and CF. If you'll recall, both were the original companies and both were spun away in an effort to shed the unions and whatever limitations or perceived limitations the teamsters posed.

In July 1999, Yellow bought Jevic and two weeks later was instrumental in closing Preston, despite the fact that were were suppossedly spun off.

Yellow had wanted to link Jevic and Saia together and get rid of Yellow freight.

This is where it get's funny. Jevic is a hybrid tl carrier and Saia is a hub and spoke ltl operation. Different in substantial ways.

Execs @Yellow realize the plan won't work, but now it's post 9/11 and they can't sell Jevic and Saia because the economy is so bad. At the same time, Yellow can't go in to the teamster negotiations in the pring of 2003 owning 2 "scab" companies. SO, they create SCS and spin us off.

Now Maury Meyers who ran Yellow didn't make Harry sign a no-compete clause when they bought Jevic because it was intended that he would run this non union carrer group.

I little while later, Mr Meyers left to run Waste Management. Harry's godfather was gone. Harry opened New Century with the sole purpose of canibalizing Jevic. Alot of our current struggle is that Harry, with all his millions will do anything to hurt us. He' undercut accounts to take them away from Jevic. He over pays Jevic people to leave.

While it's not the only reason, it's a big part.

Hope this didn't bore anyone.
Works For Me...

Guys we are here to try to promote harmony within the industry. We all do basically the same thing just for different people so lets please stop the snipin' at each other.

really guys, what does this have to do with saia other than maybe some professional jealousy, we just work here, we have no dog in your fight with yellow, i t just so happens we came out of it smelling a little better, who knows.... maybe later a little worse, there are no guarantees in life especially, in trucking, get personal all you want, im immune to it!

Sheet Climber, you're mostly correct. Other than there would be a ripple effect. On 3 different occasions I noted that Jevic was Saia's 3rd largest customer.

That kind of tonnage puts people to work. Or gets people laid off when it goes away.

Think about it. Saia generates over 3/4 of a billion $'s yearly. And we're the 3rd biggest customer.

Tonnage is soft all over, no one wants to lose that kind of business.

As for some of you driver's bickering. Christ, that started the day Jeff opened up this website!

Next week it'll be a New Penn vs A Duie Pyle cage match! :biglaugh:

You guys play nice.

hillbilly frog said:
Guys we are here to try to promote harmony within the industry. We all do basically the same thing just for different people so lets please stop the snipin' at each other.
HF-I'm all for that. We just need to get by this uncertainty that SCS has us all in right now, then things will settle down, and we can get back to the business.

sounds good to me guys, that posting is still up in atl today along with about 3 tms and 3 sales reps not to mention a astm in clt.....

buckshot, i was talking about your company, i dont know how you interpet what i wrote, certainly not the way i meant however, im not so influential that i sunk 3 companys, i left out dugan, that would be 4..... we were having a disscusion and obviuosly you were doing something to the contrary..... we are all on the same page now...... let us know when you catch up!! we are waiting.....gabby dad..... makes sense to me!