SAIA | Saia Sets New Pay Cuts

Bro, I took control of my destiny 30 years ago and retired from Saia @ 57 now just working part time for insurance

I cut out the 401 k contribution and that offset the 5% cut. How can your gross pay be the same if you are on the same run (same miles, drop and hook pay, etc)? There should be a drop unless you are working a little more to make up the difference.

I contend that a minor lifestyle change is more than enough to offset any pay reduction. I was working on reducing my family's debt service anyway before this happened. The net effect is relatively minor as a result.[/QUOT

Have no real reason to be affected by this anymore. I hung it up>

I cut out the 401 k contribution and that offset the 5% cut. How can your gross pay be the same if you are on the same run (same miles, drop and hook pay, etc)? There should be a drop unless you are working a little more to make up the difference.

I contend that a minor lifestyle change is more than enough to offset any pay reduction. I was working on reducing my family's debt service anyway before this happened. The net effect is relatively minor as a result.
Have no real reason to be affected by this anymore. I hung it up>

hasbeenking :clap:

Did you retire or just went to work for someone else???

:shift:

hasbeenking :clap:

Did you retire or just went to work for someone else???

I retired was going to work a couple days a week for OD, but landed a weekend job working 2 -10's p/u and delivering hospital blood samples. Doesn't pay much But insurance is cheap and great coverage, paid vacation(120 hours a year) Got a huge profit sharing bonus, and they give you a $100 a years safe driving bonus, increase it by $50 a year, Give you $50 every 6 months if you show up on time and don't have any call offs and NO DISPATCHER

I retired was going to work a couple days a week for OD, but landed a weekend job working 2 -10's p/u and delivering hospital blood samples. Doesn't pay much But insurance is cheap and great coverage, paid vacation(120 hours a year) Got a huge profit sharing bonus, and they give you a $100 a years safe driving bonus, increase it by $50 a year, Give you $50 every 6 months if you show up on time and don't have any call offs and NO DISPATCHER

rgolfer :clap:

That sounds like a real sweet deal.
Just goes to show that there are opportunities
out there if one looks long enough.

Just checking back in: Hopefully nobody cut out the 401K contribution, since I last posted the Market is UP by almost 50%