SAIA | Saia Sets New Pay Cuts

Bad part is....I bought a Harley, Sunday. Then Thursday the pay gets cut. :nutkick:

It's just the wife and I, plus our animals though. We made sure we would be good to go before buying the bike. I've made the mistake of buying something that I could "afford" and being tight on money before. Like you guys said though...I'm thankful for my job and it could have also been alot worse. I'd rather make $20 an hour and $0.50 per mile until it turns around, than keep my $21.05 and $0.53 a mile and the place go under. We will be alright as long as we watch expenses like Brother Trucker stated.

I did likewise. I hate to lose the pretax deduction, but cash flow is king in this instance. At least there wasn't any concern any more about losing the employer match.

Same here.If it would quit snowing and I could work a full week everything would be ok.Good luck all.

sales pay

My brother's friend is a Saia rep in GA. He told my brother that the latest round of pay cuts included everyone but the Sales reps. Sais their bonus program had been suspended a long time ago but they were not touching the salary. Is that true?

Dont know for sure but it would make sense if thier signed to a contract. Unless its in the contract that Saia could come back and change it, how could they right?

this is true sales reps did not recieve a paycut, we were told that saia did a survey and it came out that if they, saia were to cut sales rep pay it would hurt frieght? straight from the horses mouth but bonuses are suspended.

Wow, 10 posts deleted on the first page of this thread. That's got to be some kind of record! Way to protect your forum DemolitionMan.

Hey I hate to here about your all's pay cuts. I've got some good old friends at Saia. You guys have been around along time and I think your gonna be ok.
Hang in there...:thumbsup:

5% on the line pay AND 5 % hourly. Even though I was called an Idiot by a puke from SID., That still equals 10 % to me

hasbeenking :clap:

Your Math is a little fuzzy.

You are trying to tell me that SAIA is paying you mileage and hourly at the same time while you are going down the road??

I don't think so.

:shift::shift::shift:

Run the same joe bore *** run every night. My gross pay is the same. 10 % was my cut. Fuzzy Math ??? Wasn't that from the Reagan Era???

Run the same joe bore *** run every night. My gross pay is the same. 10 % was my cut. Fuzzy Math ??? Wasn't that from the Reagan Era???

hasbeenking :clap:

Don't you get paid mileage on the road and hourly for delays and hooks??
If you got a 5% cut then it would only be a 5% cut on your milage or hourly, but not both at the same time.
Unless you got another 5% cut earlier that I'm not aware of.

:shift:

I cut out the 401 k contribution and that offset the 5% cut. How can your gross pay be the same if you are on the same run (same miles, drop and hook pay, etc)? There should be a drop unless you are working a little more to make up the difference.

I contend that a minor lifestyle change is more than enough to offset any pay reduction. I was working on reducing my family's debt service anyway before this happened. The net effect is relatively minor as a result.

Thanks for the article, River. Everyone, please don't debate which company is to blame for all of the pay cuts and such in this forum. We can all point fingers, but the bottom line is the economy sucks and the company did what it thought was best for them. Am I happy about it? Hell No! Am I happy to still be employed? Damn right I am. They said once the O/R is back around a 96 or 95, they will bump it back where it was. Time for bed....another 14 hour day/night has come and gone..

I'm quite sure I speak for everyone here, I'll believe that ::shit:: when I see it...

Not a good thing Bro

I cut out the 401 k contribution and that offset the 5% cut. How can your gross pay be the same if you are on the same run (same miles, drop and hook pay, etc)? There should be a drop unless you are working a little more to make up the difference.

I contend that a minor lifestyle change is more than enough to offset any pay reduction. I was working on reducing my family's debt service anyway before this happened. The net effect is relatively minor as a result.

Bro thats the LAST thing You should be cutting is your 401K, it will make your paycut MORE, with the new payroll tax rules increase your 401K deduction by 2% and you'll make the same (takehome)